Christian Strain
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We have 3 days to launch Asking for Trobils (July 28th) and we have everything ready to go (aside from Rado's walk through video still in the making).

We'd love advice on how the page looks, feels, does it explain things accurately, etc.

Preview Link: http://tinyurl.com/nqp4v4p

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Use this link to go directly to that. Jim Baird review on BGG, instead of sending people to the page and making them scroll to the 3rd post.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/16310123#16310123
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Iver Wilhelmsen
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicely designed page.

I don't think you need a separate reward per shipping category, just include US shipping in the pledge level and refer to a table of additional shipping costs in the description. Look at some other projects' shipping charts for examples.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JadedGamer wrote:
I don't think you need a separate reward per shipping category, just include US shipping in the pledge level and refer to a table of additional shipping costs in the description. Look at some other projects' shipping charts for examples.

I was thinking the same thing. We outside-the-US-users are used to looking up our additional shipping costs. I don't know about how these things are handled best on the creator's side. But for me this was a bit irritating when going through the pledge levels:
#1 "$42 for the game. Okay, US only as usual."
#2 "Ah, $42 for the game to the EU, too. That's great!"
#3 "Oh, add $15 to the EU :("

The psychology of this structure does not work in favor of the project because our brains are so much based on expectations. When I read $42 to the US only, I expect to add shipping. But then when I read $42 to the EU, this becomes my expectation. So noticing that I have to add $15 for shipping after you told me its $42 seems worse than telling me to pay $57 in the first place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Strain
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
wizcreations wrote:
Use this link to go directly to that. Jim Baird review on BGG, instead of sending people to the page and making them scroll to the 3rd post.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/16310123#16310123

Ah, right, thanks Kenneth!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Strain
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
cuazzel wrote:

The psychology of this structure does not work in favor of the project because our brains are so much based on expectations. When I read $42 to the US only, I expect to add shipping. But then when I read $42 to the EU, this becomes my expectation. So noticing that I have to add $15 for shipping after you told me its $42 seems worse than telling me to pay $57 in the first place.

That interesting. I agree. Changed it. Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sataranji
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
My advice would be to explicitly call out in the pledge levels that shipping is included, for those who can't be bothered to search for the shipping section.

Also, the shipping section seems to indicate that shipping to the EU, et al. is an additional $15. But since you upped the pledge level from $42 to $57 it sounds like the total to these countries is $72. I think I see what you were going for but if it isn't crystal clear you will lose out on pledges.

BTW, this is great:

Quote:
Some children in certain countries may weep if you don't back us. We can't say for sure which children or which countries, but a sad song will be playing and they will be looking directly into the camera.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sataranji wrote:
Also, the shipping section seems to indicate that shipping to the EU, et al. is an additional $15. But since you upped the pledge level from $42 to $57 it sounds like the total to these countries is $72.

That's true. Better phrase it like this:

European Union, Australia, China, Canada, Mexico: Free shipping for the $57 and $105 pledge levels

or

European Union, Australia, China, Canada, Mexico: Shipping included for the $57 and $105 pledge levels

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Strain
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Good catch, thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.