Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ulrich Roth
Spain
Barcelona
Catalunya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the (English) rules it says that you win by moving one of your ninjas onto the enemy village.

I assume that means there are no more fights, regardless of whether the village is "defended" or not, and the game ends immediately.

If there were a fight with defending forces on that space that would make quite a difference. Then it would probably be standard strategy to keep your "boss" on that space until very late, which is a bit boring compared to "encouraging" him to go out and fight earlier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulrich Roth
Spain
Barcelona
Catalunya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops - I've just noticed that in the rules it also says:

"if they're fighting on a village, the ninja that cannot retreat is discarded"

The fact that fights on the village space are possible at all shows that my earlier assumption was wrong.

Perhaps it should have been made a bit clearer in the rules that you win not just by arriving at the village but by subsequently SURVIVING there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
ludopath wrote:
In the (English) rules it says that you win by moving one of your ninjas onto the enemy village.

I assume that means there are no more fights, regardless of whether the village is "defended" or not, and the game ends immediately.

It's badly worded then (my bad). I take it that you need to defeat whoever is at the village.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulrich Roth
Spain
Barcelona
Catalunya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely.
And thematically that makes much more sense, of course.

We have played a few more games (now hopefully with all the correct rules), and this game is great fun.

The tactics, while not really difficult, sometimes do get complicated enough to overlook the best moves.
What the deep strategy (which is certainly there) is like will take some time to fathom.
And the dice prevent the game from becoming too serious and A.P.-prone. Most importantly, you can blame them when you lose...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulrich Roth
Spain
Barcelona
Catalunya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see that in v.1.4 of the English rules (and also in v.1.2 of the German rules) this point has been reformulated.
It now says that you win if you're in the enemy village AT THE END OF YOUR TURN, which implies, after any fights that might take place there.

Well done, that's this one sorted out! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it's thanks to you, mate. You were the one that pointed it out, so we could get it clearly in the rules. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.