Hide
13 Posts

Argent: The Consortium» Forums » General

Subject: Argent @ GenCon 2014 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven McCarthy
msg tools
There is a news post on lvl99games.com stating that Argent will be available in small quantities at GenCon this year. I am wondering if Kickstarter backers that are attending will be able to pick their copy up at the con? Either way, I'm looking forward to getting a chance to see it in action!

-X

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah I would be a bit upset if they didn't give at least some KS backers a chance to pick this up at gen con.

I mean its whatever but even shadows of brimstone is handing out 50 copies to KS backers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't be upset myself. There are a lot of KS backers, and they're unlikely to have enough for all of them at GenCon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
We aren't planning to hand games out to backers at GenCon. The version we will have will be the regular edition (not the foil-wrapped Chancellor's Edition that backers are getting). Also, we're not sure that we'll have the Summer Break Expansion and Argent Pixel Tactics pack that backers are getting for free.

Plus, you've already paid for shipping anyway, so why lug it home in your suitcase where it might get damaged and where it will take up space you could use for other things? We expect that the KS editions will ship out within 1-2 weeks of GenCon, so you won't have to wait long anyway.

If you just want to PLAY Argent at GenCon (which I suspect is the more likely case), we will have loaner copies for KS backers to take over the evening and try out, plus Trey will be running games all weekend, so you can probably catch him at the booth and schedule a play-with-the-designer after the dealer hall closes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven McCarthy
msg tools
That answers my question - and I understand! I look forward to trying the game out!

Thanks Brad!

-X

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyokai wrote:
We aren't planning to hand games out to backers at GenCon. The version we will have will be the regular edition (not the foil-wrapped Chancellor's Edition that backers are getting). Also, we're not sure that we'll have the Summer Break Expansion and Argent Pixel Tactics pack that backers are getting for free.

Plus, you've already paid for shipping anyway, so why lug it home in your suitcase where it might get damaged and where it will take up space you could use for other things? We expect that the KS editions will ship out within 1-2 weeks of GenCon, so you won't have to wait long anyway.

If you just want to PLAY Argent at GenCon (which I suspect is the more likely case), we will have loaner copies for KS backers to take over the evening and try out, plus Trey will be running games all weekend, so you can probably catch him at the booth and schedule a play-with-the-designer after the dealer hall closes.

Indeed, please stop by! I can't wait to hear what you guys think about the final product! I look forward to meeting those of you who will be at Gen Con, and if not, I will be at BGG con as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah I forgot about the special box. well I hope I can play a few games at least!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
So, after looking at the first copy (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/level99games/argent-the...), I've decided to skip pre-launch at GenCon and fix a few usability/production issues. I know it's kind of lame to be waiting an extra month (we're projecting mid-to-late September ship dates now), but it's more important to deliver a superior game experience than to make sure we're on time for GenCon.

So, we'll still have our loaner copies and Trey will be doing hosted games, but what you see at GenCon won't be the final product.

Thanks, and sorry for the trouble with this. -_-
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior Kiperman
Israel
Ramat Gan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update :)

The game looks great and I hope to see more pictures of it from GenCon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Frogman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyokai wrote:
So, after looking at the first copy (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/level99games/argent-the...), I've decided to skip pre-launch at GenCon and fix a few usability/production issues. I know it's kind of lame to be waiting an extra month (we're projecting mid-to-late September ship dates now), but it's more important to deliver a superior game experience than to make sure we're on time for GenCon.

So, we'll still have our loaner copies and Trey will be doing hosted games, but what you see at GenCon won't be the final product.

The issue with the insert?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
frogmanmike14 wrote:

Apparently the two expansions were printed with the wrong finish (not linen).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
frogmanmike14 wrote:
Kyokai wrote:

I was more apologizing to those who won't be able to pick up their copies at GenCon due to these issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyokai wrote:
frogmanmike14 wrote:
Kyokai wrote:

I was more apologizing to those who won't be able to pick up their copies at GenCon due to these issues.

I'm looking forward to a demo, myself. I never had a chance to at BGG Con.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.