Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan White
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I need to take two of a fruit but only one is left in the supply. Which is correct?

A. First, I take the last remaining fruit. Next, all players (including myself) return all of that fruit. Finally, I take my second fruit, leaving me with only one lowly fruit :-(

B. Before taking my fruit, all players (including myself) return all of that fruit. Then, I take two fruit from the replenished supply :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus A.
Germany
Bochum
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just checked the (german) rules:
option #2 is the correct one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan White
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, I see it now. The example explains the concept better than the actual rule. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
28green wrote:
Yup, I see it now. The example explains the concept better than the actual rule. Thanks!
I see that the example may give you more confidence with a specific case,

Example: Green may take 3 almonds from the supply. However, there are now only 2 in the supply. ...

but I'd still say the rule does all right in the general,

If the supply does not have sufficient fruits (there are 18 of each kind) of the kind the player is allowed to take, all players (including the player taking fruit) must return all fruits of this kind back into the supply. The player then takes the number of fruits of this kind he is allowed from the supply.

by telling you to collect your allotment after the population is returned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.