11 Posts

Eldritch Horror» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: PBF Custom Rolls rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
No Need
Canada
flag msg tools
I used some custom rolls for the previous EH PBF I participated in that worked out nicely. As they are starting to come up again in the current PBF I wanted to consolidate them to reduce time spent searching past posts.

This post is to make them available to anyone who may find them useful to save on some searching or typing.

The lists and numbers can be adjusted as required for your situation.

Edit: Updated to include all expansions up to Signs of CarcosaDreamlands. .
Note: The order has been changed from strict alphabetical to alphabetical by expansion to make them easier to use in games not using all expansions. The number per expansion is listed after the category (B:FL:MM:SR:UP:SC:DL)

Spells

All(10:2:4:4:5:3:3)
1custom25{Instill Bravery;Wither;Flesh Ward;Clairvoyance;Mists of Releh;Feed the Mind;Blessing of Isis;Shriveling;Conjuration;Plumb the Void;Healing Words;Poison Mist;Intervene;Storm of Spirits;Arcane Insight;Banishment;Astral Travel;Azure Flame;Markings of Isis;Voice of Ra;Wrack;Alter Fate;Enchant Weapon;Enchanting Grace;Forced Learning;Shroud of Shadow}

Due to character limits for BGG custom roll app the above roll is too large, so use the following to determine the spell type and then perform a second roll of the appropriate type.

1customw{11:Incantation;10:Ritual;11:Glamour}

Incantation(5:1:2:0:1:1:1)
1custom11{Instill Bravery;Wither;Flesh Ward;Clairvoyance;Mists of Releh;Healing Words;Intervene;Storm of Spirits;Wrack;Binding;Dread Curse}

Ritual(5:1:2:0:0:1:1)
1custom10{Feed the Mind;Blessing of Isis;Shriveling;Conjuration;Plumb the Void;Poison Mist;Arcane Insight;Banishment;Summon Byakhee;Summoning}

Glamour(0:0:0:4:5:1:1)
1custom11{Astral Travel;Azure Flame;Markings of Isis;Voice of Ra;Alter Fate;Enchant Weapon;Enchanting Grace;Forced Learning;Shroud of Shadow;Mind's Eye;Find Gate}

Conditions

Deal 1customw{13:Debt;8:Dark Pact;4:Funding;4:Agreement,4:Promise of Power}

Debt(6:2:2:1:0:1:1)
1custom13{Beyond Riches;Debt Collector;Hitmen;Local Authorities;Make a Deal;Unwilling Servant;Bag man;Poisoned Meal;Debt to the Ghouls;Unfortunate Accident;Transferred Debt;Bounty;Dark Summoning}

Dark Pact(3:1:1:1:0:1:1)
1custom8{One of the Thousand;Pact with the Dark Man;Pact with Yog-Sothoth;All is Lost;Pact With Eibon;Nightmare Meeting;Unbreakable Oath;to The Abyss}

Funding(0:0:4:0:0:0:0)
1custom4{All In;Hired Gun;Mysterious Auction;Pay Off}

Agreement(0:0:0:4:0:0:0)
1custom4{Broken Deal;Dark Contract;Grisly Dealings;Shattered Conscience}

Promise of Power(0:0:0:0:0:4:0)
1custom4{Awakened Potential;Greater Banishment;Solidifying the Barrier;Support of the Order}

Boon 1customw{10:Blessing;4:Righteous;2:Composed}

Blessing(3:3:1:1:1:1:0)
1custom10{Beloved of Bast;Blessings of Nodens;Visions of Hypnos;Annointed;Light of Kthanid;Reading the Stars;Blessed Luck;Favored;Blessed Talent;Blessed Talent}

Righteous(0:0:0:4:0:0:0)
1custom4{Bring the Fight to Them;Daring Rescue;Silver Twilight Alliance;That Which Does Not Kill Us}

Bane 1customw{10:Curse;4:Haunted;4:Blight}

Curse(3:3:1:1:1:1:0)
1custom9{Harried;Karmic Justic;The Innsmouth Look;A Dark Betrayal;Curse of the Serpent;Tainted;Beastly Hunger;Cosmic Instability;Ineptitude;SC}

Haunted(0:0:0:0:4:0:0)
1custom4{Ghastly Follower;Travelling Phantom;Visiting Specter;Wailing Banshee}

Blight(0:0:0:0:0:4:0)
1custom4{Fiendish Gaze;Obsessive Greed;Wanton Destruction;The Yellow Sign}

Injury 1customw{5:Back Injury;4:Head Injury;5:Internal Injury;4:Leg Injury}

Back Injury(3:1:0:0:1:0:0)
1custom5{Fractured Spine;Muscle Spasms;Nerve Damage;Unnatural Scars;Crippling Injury}

Head Injury(0:0:0:4:0:0:0)
1custom4{Brain Aneurysm;Brain Damage; Concussion;Splitting Headache}

Internal Injury(3:1:1:0:0:0:0)
1custom5{Cracked Ribs;Excruciating Pain;Internal Bleeding;Fading Health;Blood Loss}

Leg Injury(3:1:0:0:0:0:0)
1custom4{Stabbing Pain;Strange Remedy;Twisted Knee;Infected Wound}

Illness 1customw{4:Diseased;4:Infection;4:Poisoned}

Diseased(0:0:0:0:4:0:0)
1custom4{Deformities;Feverish Delusions;Jaundice;Mummification}

Infection(0:0:4:0:0:0:0)
1custom4{Blood Poisoning;Hemmoragic Fever;Lesions and Swelling;Septic Shock}

Poisoned(0:4:0:0:0:0:0)
1custom4{Arcane Infection;Fever Dreams;Medical Assistance;Persisting Illness}

Madness 1customw{6:Amnesia;4:Despair;5:Hallucinations;4:Hunger;4:Paranoia}

Amnesia(3:1:1:0:1:0:0)
1custom6{Forgotten Crimes;The Terrible Truth;Unexplained Debts;Forbidden Words;Forgotten Danger;Forgotten Talents}

Despair(0:0:0:0:4:0:0)
1custom4{Accursed Memories;Horrifying Knowledge;Madhouse;Never-Ending Suffering}

Hallucinations(3:1:0:0:0:0:1)
1custom4{Delusions;Swarming;The Voices;Abducted;Surreal Dreams}

Hunger(0:0:4:0:0:0:0)
1custom4{Blood Lust;Hoarding;Overindulgence;Thirst}

Paranoia(3:1:0:0:0:0:0)
1custom4{Agoraphobia;Kleptomania;Violent Outbursts;Self-Doubt}

Restriction 1customw{5:Detained;8:LiTaS}

Detained(3:1:1:0:0:0:0)
1custom5{Cruel and Unusual;Holding Cell;Starvation;Contaminated Water;Starved for Weeks}

LiTaS(0:4:0:0:0:0:4)
1custom8{Guide from the Void;Replaced by Another;Strange Worlds;Swarming Masses;Against the Tide;Dream-Quest;Lost to Time;Onward}

Pursuit 1customw{4:Hunted;3:Wanted}

Hunted(0:0:4:0:0:0:0)
1custom4{Hunting Beasts;Indescribable Horrors;Marked by Yig;Predators at Every Turn}

Wanted(0:0:0:0:0:4:0)
1custom4{Angry Mob;On the Lam;Police Raid;Ransacked}

Exposure

Hypothermia(0:0:8:0:0:0:0)
1custom8{Caught in the Cold;Chill Haunting;Chilled the the Bone;Chilling Blindness;Cold Shock;Frost Bite;Numbness;Trapped by the Cold}

Talent 1customw{4:Elusive;2:Headstrong;4:Martial Prowess;2:Skulduggery;2:Studious;2:Resilient;2:Composed;2:Moxie;2:Quick Study;2:Visions}

Map Locations- Main Map only

All
1custom36{1;2;3;4;5;6;7;8;9;10;11;12;13;14;15;16;17;18;19;20;21;San Francisco; Arkham; Buenos Aires;The Amazon;London;Rome;The Pyramids;Istanbul;The Heart of Africa;Antarctica;Tunguska;The Himalayas;Shanghai;Tokyo;Sydney}

Named Cities
1custom9{San Francisco;Arkham;Buenos Aires;London;Rome;Istanbul;Shanghai;Tokyo;Sydney}

Gates(9:0:3:0:3)
1custom15{San Francisco;Arkham;Buenos Aires;London;Rome;Istanbul;Shanghai;Tokyo;Sydney;The Amazon;The Pyramids;The Heart of Africa;Antarctica;Tunguska;The Himalayas}

Named Wilderness
1custom6{The Amazon;The Pyramids;The Heart of Africa;Antarctica;Tunguska;The Himalayas}

Expeditions(6:0:3:0:3:0)
1customw{6:The Amazon;6:The Pyramids;6:The Heart of Africa;6:Antarctica;6:Tunguska;6:The Himalayas;2:Arkham;2:Buenos Aires;2:Rome;2:Istanbul;2:Tokyo;2:Sydney}

Generic City
1custom9{1;5;6;7;14;15;16;17;20}

Generic Wilderness
1custom5{4;9;10;19;21}

Generic Sea
1custom7{2;3;8;11;12;13;18;}

Misc

Relic Artifact (0:0:0:2:3:0:0)
1custom5{Dragon Idol;Khopesh of the Abyss;Book of the Dead;Scales of Thoth;Twin Scepters}

Tome Artifact (4:2:4:0:1:0:0)
1custom11{Cultes des Goules;De Vermis Mysteriis;Necronomicon;T'tka Halot;Massa di Requiem;Zanthu Tablets;Dhol Chants;Eltdown Shards;Livre d'Ivon;Pnakotic Manuscripts;Book of the Dead}

Character Unique Asset (0:0:11:3:3:4:3)
1custom21{Anna Tilton;Constance Hawberk;Danforth;Dr. Hiram Upham;Esteban Herrero;Father Merluzzo;Henry Wilcox;Kid O'Brien;Prof. Armitage;Sir William Brinton;William Dyer;Asenath Waite;Etienne Laurent;Prof. Rice;Enoch Bowen;Erich Weiss;Halpin Chalmers;Albert Wilmarth;Corinna Jones;Granny Orne;Hildred Castaigne}
Character limit exceeded, use abbreviated version

1custom24{A Tilton;C Hawberk;Danforth;Dr Upham;E Herrero;F Merluzzo;H Wilcox;K O'Brien;P Armitage;Sir Brinton;W Dyer;A Waite;E Laurent;P Rice;E Bowen;E Weiss;H Chalmers;A Wilmarth;C Jones;G Orne;H Castaigne;B Elton;M Doyle;R Carter}

Relic Unique Asset (0:0:0:6:9:0:0)
Without Dreamlands:
1customw{1:Ancient Sword;1:Lost Treasure;3:Mysterious Idol;1:Stone Calendar;3:Stone Chest;3:Stone Tablet;1:Ancient Sword;3:Canopic Jar;1:Cursed Tablet;3:Fossilized Sample;1:Jeweled Scarab;3:Mysterious Idol;1:Ornate Scarab;1:Pharaonic Mask;1:Wooden Puppet}

With Dreamlands (compressed for space)
1customw{1:Lost Treasure;6:Mysterious Idol;1:Stone Calendar;3:Stone Chest;3:Stone Tablet;2:Ancient Sword;3:Canopic Jar;1:Cursed Tablet;3:Fossilized Sample;1:Jeweled Scarab;1:Ornate Scarab;1:Pharaonic Mask;1:Wooden Puppet;1:flux stabilizer}

Task Unique Asset (0:0:6:3:3:4:3)
1customw{4:Courier Run;3:For the Greater Good;3:Purifying the World;3:Sacrifices to Make;3:Sealing the Old Ones;3:Walking the Ley Lines;3:Exploring the Ruins;3:Prayer;3:Sealing the Old Ones;3:Invoke the Elements;3:Know Thy Enemy;3:Purifying the World;4:Enlist the Masses;2:Funding the Cause;3:Mastering the Arts;3:Turning the Tide} Character limit exceeded, use abbreviated version

1customw{4:Courier R.;3:Greater G.;3:Purify W.;3:Sacrifices;6:Seal OO;6:Walk LL;3:Explore R.;3:Prayer;3:Invoke E.;3:Know E.;3:Purify W.;4:Enlist M.;2:Fund C.;3:Master A.;3:Turn T.;3:Dimension S.;3:Unspeakable R.;3:Bury TD}

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Nassau County
New York
flag msg tools
Instead of:
1custom12{str;obs;lore;wil;wil;inf;inf;inf;inf;inf;inf;inf}

You can do a weighted roll of:
1customw{1:str;1:obs;1:lore;2:wil;7:inf}

You could also use the weighted rolls when acquiring a new random spell when someone already has a copy so the odds that you get the same spell are decreased.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walts
Scotland
Kilwinning
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PBF Custom Rolls - Shotgun Dice
Here's a quick way to "Count Success" rolls when using the Shotgun (a roll of a SIX gets two success), and like, tests ...

Xcustomw{4:0;1:1;1:2}

... That will add up the number of successes you get!

Some dummy rolls ...

4 Dice test: 4customw{4:0;1:1;1:2} = (0 + 0 + 1 + 0) = 1

4 Dice test & Blessed: 4customw{3:0;2:1;1:2} = (2 + 1 + 1 + 1) = 5

10 Dice test & Blessed: 10customw{3:0;2:1;1:2} = (1 + 0 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 0) = 8

Walts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 574679. Gorlab
  • 4customw{4:0;1:1;1:2} =
  • (0 + 0 + 1 + 0) =
  • Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:54 pm
  • [+]
  • 574680. Gorlab
  • 4customw{3:0;2:1;1:2} =
  • (2 + 1 + 1 + 1) =
  • Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:55 pm
  • [+]
  • 574681. Gorlab
  • 10customw{3:0;2:1;1:2} =
  • (1 + 0 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 0) =
  • Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:58 pm
No Need
Canada
flag msg tools
lankyb wrote:
Instead of:
1custom12{str;obs;lore;wil;wil;inf;inf;inf;inf;inf;inf;inf}

You can do a weighted roll of:
1customw{1:str;1:obs;1:lore;2:wil;7:inf}

You could also use the weighted rolls when acquiring a new random spell when someone already has a copy so the odds that you get the same spell are decreased.

The weighted rolls are an interesting feature.

When I did rolls for spells when they already had some, I just removed the already owned spells and adjusts the 12 to the appropriate number, but I could see the weighted roll being as easy, just adjust the weighting for those spells.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walts
Scotland
Kilwinning
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Might as well prep some custom die rolls as I work through things ...

Cursed: 1custom9{KJ;H;TIL;T;CotS;ADB;BH;CI;I} -> ( KJ) -> ( KJ), 1custom9{KJ;H;TIL;T;CotS;ADB;BH;CI;I} -> ( H) -> ( H)

New Expedition: 1custom15{The Amazon;The Pyramids;The Heart of Africa;Antarctica;Tunguska;The Himalayas;San Francisco;Arkham;Buenos Aires;London;Rome;Istanbul;Shanghai;Tokyo;Sydney} -> ( San Francisco) -> ( San Francisco)

Please add below to help fellow players!

Thanks, Walts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 836813. Gorlab
  • 1custom9{KJ;H;TIL;T;CotS;ADB;BH;CI;I} =
  • ( KJ) =
  • ( KJ)
  • Sat Jan 2, 2016 4:42 pm
  • [+]
  • 836821. Gorlab
  • ( H) =
  • ( H)
  • Sat Jan 2, 2016 4:57 pm
  • [+]
  • 836822. Gorlab
  • ( H) =
  • ( H)
  • Sat Jan 2, 2016 4:57 pm
  • [+]
  • 839869. Gorlab
  • 1custom15{The Amazon;The Pyramids;The Heart of Africa;Antarctica;Tunguska;The Himalayas;San Francisco;Arkham;Buenos Aires;London;Rome;Istanbul;Shanghai;Tokyo;Sydney} =
  • ( San Francisco) =
  • ( San Francisco)
  • New Expedition:
  • Fri Jan 8, 2016 8:47 pm
No Need
Canada
flag msg tools
The OP has been updated to include all conditions up to UtP, including a back fill of the conditions that were previously missing.

Conditions are sorted by category and each category includes a weighted roll to determine condition type.

If you spot any errors/typos send me a PM and I will update the list.

I still need to verify the Expedition rolls and will probably switch it to a weighted roll as well since not all sites were equal as of MoM.

I will look at adding Unique Tasks and other multiple Unique Assets in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walts
Scotland
Kilwinning
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Expeditions seems wrong, unless I have the wrong cards! ...

Expeditions
1custom12{The Amazon;The Pyramids;The Heart of Africa;Antarctica;Tunguska;The Himalayas;Arkham;Buenos Aires;Rome;Istanbul;Tokyo;Sydney}

... 12 locations?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No Need
Canada
flag msg tools
Gorlab wrote:

Expeditions
1custom12{The Amazon;The Pyramids;The Heart of Africa;Antarctica;Tunguska;The Himalayas;Arkham;Buenos Aires;Rome;Istanbul;Tokyo;Sydney}

... 12 locations?

Yeah, for some reason I thought they had added some more cities in SR. I dug out the cards last night and fixed the Expedition roll. It now uses a weighted roll since the wilderness sites are twice as likely to happen as the city ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xelto G
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kelwynne wrote:
Gorlab wrote:

Expeditions

... 12 locations?

Yeah, for some reason I thought they had added some more cities in SR. I dug out the cards last night and fixed the Expedition roll. It now uses a weighted roll since the wilderness sites are twice as likely to happen as the city ones.

The ratio is actually 5:2 for original wilderness to city locations, with all expansions.

And you can probably drop my random dead-investigator stat roll, as there are now sufficient investigators in play that I'm unlikely to ever use characters without backs any more. Unless you think someone is going to want to add a bit of randomness to defeated characters in the future.

And finally, the full spell list is too long to fit into the RNG. You'll either need to chop down the wordage in it, or break it into subsections, or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tome Artifact: (4:2:4:0:1:1:1)
1custom13{Cultes des Goules;De Vermis Mysteriis;Necronomicon;T'tka Halot;Massa di Requiem;Zanthu Tablets;Dhol Chants;Eltdown Shards;Livre d'Ivon;Pnakotic Manuscripts;Book of the Dead;King in Yellow;Elder Key}

Relic Artifact: (0:0:0:2:3:1:0)
1custom6{Dragon Idol;Khopesh of the Abyss;Book of the Dead;Scales of Thoth;Twin Scepters;Mask of Sthenelus}

Character Unique Asset: (0:0:11:3:3:4:2)
1custom23{A Tilton;C Hawberk;Danforth;Dr. H Upham;E Herrero;F Merluzzo;H Wilcox;K O'Brien;Prof. Armitage;Sir W Brinton;W Dyer;A Waite;E Laurent;Prof. Rice;E Bowen;E Weiss;H Chalmers;A Wilmarth;C Jones;G Orne;H Castaigne;B Elton;R Carter}

Task Unique Asset: (0:0:6:2:2:4:3)
1customw{4:Courrier Run;3:Greater Good;6:Purify World;3:Sacrifices;6:Seal Old One;6:Walk Ley Line;3:Explore Ruin;3:Prayer;3:Invoke Element;3:Know Enemy;3:Enlist Masses;3:Fund Cause;3:Master Arts;3:Turn Tide;3:Bury Deep;3:Dimension Study;3:Unsp. Research}

° Sealing the Old Ones: 3x MM / 3x SR
° Purifying the World: 3x MM / 3x UP
° Walking the Ley Lines: 3x MM / 3x DL

Relic Unique Asset: (0:0:0:6:9:0:0)
1customw{1:Ancient Sword;1:Lost Treasure;3:Mysterious Idol;1:Stone Calendar;3:Stone Chest;3:Stone Tablet;1:Ancient Sword;3:Canopic Jar;1:Cursed Tablet;3:Fossilized Sample;1:Jeweled Scarab;3:Mysterious Idol;1:Ornate Scarab;1:Pharaonic Mask;1:Wooden Puppet}

Tome Unique Asset: (0:0:4:0:4:0:4)
1customw{4:Old Journal;4:Cryptic Text;4:Mythos Codex}

Tarot Unique Asset: (0:0:0:0:0:0:5)
1custom5{Four of Cups;The Moon XVIII;Five Of Pentacles;Ace of Swords;Death XIII}
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sorry, just trying out some things.

This 1customw{4:Blessing of Isis;4:Conjuration;4:Feed the Mind;4:Plumb the Void;4:Poison Mist;4:Shriveling;4:Arcane Insight;4:Banishment} -> ( Arcane Insight) -> ( Arcane Insight)

Hypothermia 1custom8{Caught in the Cold;Chill Haunting;Chilled the the Bone;Chilling Blindness;Cold Shock;Frost Bite;Numbness;Trapped by the Cold} -> ( Chill Haunting) -> ( Chill Haunting)

: 1 - Will Roll 3d6c[5] = (2, 1, 5) = 1
: 2 - Strength 1d6c[5] = (2) = 0

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1053181. Grimflayer
  • 1customw{4:Blessing of Isis;4:Conjuration;4:Feed the Mind;4:Plumb the Void;4:Poison Mist;4:Shriveling;4:Arcane Insight;4:Banishment} =
  • ( Arcane Insight) =
  • ( Arcane Insight)
  • This
  • Sun Mar 5, 2017 7:17 pm
  • [+]
  • 1053185. Grimflayer
  • 1custom8{Caught in the Cold;Chill Haunting;Chilled the the Bone;Chilling Blindness;Cold Shock;Frost Bite;Numbness;Trapped by the Cold} =
  • ( Chill Haunting) =
  • ( Chill Haunting)
  • Hypothermia
  • Sun Mar 5, 2017 7:23 pm
  • [+]
  • 1053191. Grimflayer
  • 3d6c[5] =
  • (2, 1, 5) =
  • Will Roll
  • Sun Mar 5, 2017 7:30 pm
  • [+]
  • 1053192. Grimflayer
  • 1d6c[5] =
  • (2) =
  • Strength
  • Sun Mar 5, 2017 7:31 pm
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.