25 Posts

Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men» Forums » General

Subject: Missing FF characters in UXM rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A W
msg tools
mbmbmb
Looking at the pics posted by crittohit, it seems that the fantasticar and presumably Invisible Woman were going to be in UXM. I wonder why they weren't included.

http://www.crittohit.com/imagestore/articles/7891/dice-maste...

I'm assuming they're not included because the cards say there are 126 card total, which would mean 36 characters total (assuming the same number of cards in the starters, etc)

Edit: you can see the fantasticar symbol on the booster mockup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
IT also says that Iceman, Cyclops, Psylocke, and Sentinel are Avengers, and those are Avengers v X-Men boosters. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. H. Horatio
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
The Future is a Game
mbmbmbmbmb
clonedpoop wrote:
Edit: you can see the fantasticar symbol on the booster mockup.

Yep, I see that - good catch. My only thought about why no Invisible Woman is...WizKids.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Byer
United States
Fishers
IN
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Invisible woman is in AvX you just can't see her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A W
msg tools
mbmbmb
John85 wrote:
IT also says that Iceman, Cyclops, Psylocke, and Sentinel are Avengers, and those are Avengers v X-Men boosters. I wouldn't read too much into it.

The avengers team symbol was likely an oversight during mockup. I find it weird that they would go through the trouble of adding a character symbol they wouldn't use in the set, especially given that all of the other character symbols are used/in the set.

At the very least, it was a character that's was/is being worked on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shawn ely
msg tools
She will be part of the A+X or Uncanny Avengers sets I would guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clonedpoop wrote:
At the very least, it was a character that's was/is being worked on.

I know, and I expect she'll be in there along with Fantasticar, and a few Avengers affiliation stamps on Cap. and Vision, etc.

I will say, as someone else several others have noted already, I'm not thrilled about the HYDRA logo for all villains (Magneto? Apocalypse, et al.?), but what can be done about it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan B
United States
West Melbourne
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't expect to see her or any fantastic four related characters for a while. No one cares about the first family of Marvel. People cared for a minute when Hickman was writing (which you should read if you haven't) but even the love from that is gone. Marvel doesn't have the film rights to them (or x-men, but they at least are popular) so they have been using the inhumans as a work around. Inhumanity was basically making a second group of mutants that they could use in the movies. Also, I believe that is why the human torch looking guy in the Avengers Now line up (the one with falcon-cap and a female Thor) is an inhuman not the actual human torch. The lack of rights might just be an excuse to officially not care. Thus, I wouldn't be surprised if they told their licenses to downplay fantastic four characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bryancb wrote:
I don't expect to see her or any fantastic four related characters for a while. No one cares about the first family of Marvel. People cared for a minute when Hickman was writing (which you should read if you haven't) but even the love from that is gone. Marvel doesn't have the film rights to them (or x-men, but they at least are popular) so they have been using the inhumans as a work around. Inhumanity was basically making a second group of mutants that they could use in the movies. Also, I believe that is why the human torch looking guy in the Avengers Now line up (the one with falcon-cap and a female Thor) is an inhuman not the actual human torch. The lack of rights might just be an excuse to officially not care. Thus, I wouldn't be surprised if they told their licenses to downplay fantastic four characters.

I bet she will be a Sr when we see her or a grand prize op or something. Sue seems to be in the higher rarity in most marvel based games i have played (hero clix, vs system, Puzzle quest)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JesseOlivier wrote:
bryancb wrote:

I bet she will be a Sr when we see her or a grand prize op or something. Sue seems to be in the higher rarity in most marvel based games i have played (hero clix, vs system, Puzzle quest)

I don't understand why, just because she hasn't been spoiled, no one thinks she'll be in the set. There was this post at The Reserve Pool (a while back) suggesting she is in the set:
http://www.thereservepool.com/2014/06/rumor-has-sue-storm-be...

Not a smoking gun but good argument.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i was under the impression with us now knowing the card total in the set (i think it was 126 or something) and form the heros we know are in, it doesnt leave any room for her now...?

I need to check the hero list and do the math

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JesseOlivier wrote:
i was under the impression with us now knowing the card total in the set (i think it was 126 or something) and form the heros we know are in, it doesnt leave any room for her now...?

I need to check the hero list and do the math

I get that, but I don't see a reason why WK would do a smaller set. I guess there's no reason not to do a slightly smaller set, but we basically had a full character list and that suggested a set the size of AvX.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought that the invisible woman is in the new set. In some of the earliest teaser pics from weeks ago here is a white die that has a light image of what looks like a woman in a bubble/ force field. Don't we still have 2 unaccounted for dice? I think Sue Storm will be in this new set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mason Skinner
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
bryancb wrote:

I don't get this. Three out of the four were in AVX. Plus Doctor Doom, their most iconic archenemy. The main character missing is Sue Storm, for whatever reason. I don't understand why she was left out of the first box (or why the other three were included), but it would be a travesty if they left her out of this one, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. H. Horatio
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
The Future is a Game
mbmbmbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:
I thought that the invisible woman is in the new set. In some of the earliest teaser pics from weeks ago here is a white die that has a light image of what looks like a woman in a bubble/ force field. Don't we still have 2 unaccounted for dice? I think Sue Storm will be in this new set.

If there's really only 126 characters, then we've seen all of them. No Sue Storm.

Arguably the bigger fail is excluding Polaris, Havok and Banshee.

WizKids...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HA HA. Here is the proof. (edit)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. H. Horatio
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
The Future is a Game
mbmbmbmbmb
JesseOlivier wrote:
HA HA. Here is the proof. You ask and magically someone (Tom) posts a picture from a convention)

That is a very old picture. A month old at least - from Origins. All this was known already. The missing piece was the overall number of characters. If there were 138 cards like in AvX then we were missing some dice, but now that we know (as of yesterday) that there are only 126 cards in UXM that means this is it. No more characters to reveal.

Only questions left are:

1) who is the 8th character in the starter after Angel, Cyke, Iceman, Kitty, Juggy, Quicksilver, and Wolverine. My moneys on Psylocke but not sure.

2) Who are the superrares?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
there isnt 148. there is 126. on a zoom up of the comic con pic, we can see on cyclops that there is 126

however the math is a little weird here

now assuming there are 8 heros in the starter, that is 32 of the 126 of them (3 for each in starter and an uncommon in the boosters)

leaving us with 94 in the boosters

obviously 3 (1 common, 1 uncommon , 1 rare scheme / 1 common, 1 rare, 1 super rare)does not go into 94.. so there must be a change or something im missing

So yeah maybe there is more heros.. Or maybe there isnt 3 cards per hero now. The could even have added a 4th card (uncommon) to those who are the super rares..

thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JesseOlivier wrote:
there isnt 148. there is 126. on a zoom up of the comic con pic, we can see on cyclops that there is 126

however the math is a little weird here

now assuming there are 8 heros in the starter, that is 32 of the 126 of them (3 for each in starter and an uncommon in the boosters)

leaving us with 94 in the boosters

obviously 3 (1 common, 1 uncommon , 1 rare scheme / 1 common, 1 rare, 1 super rare)does not go into 94.. so there must be a change or something im missing

So yeah maybe there is more heros.. Or maybe there isnt 3 cards per hero now. The could even have added a 4th card (uncommon) to those who are the super rares..

thoughts?

Aren't basic actions numbered too? take 10 out of 94 = 84, / 3 cards a hero = 28 (add 8 characters in starter = 36 total characters)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ah ha. You are right. so has it been said we are getting 10 new actions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JesseOlivier wrote:

Not that I know of, but it's a starter so I can't imagine getting many fewer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John85 wrote:
JesseOlivier wrote:

Not that I know of, but it's a starter so I can't imagine getting many fewer.

i mean different from avx. I imagine they are new

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. H. Horatio
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
The Future is a Game
mbmbmbmbmb
JesseOlivier wrote:
there isnt 148. there is 126.

I know there are 126. That's what I said.

There is no mystery here anymore. We've seen all the characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jhoratio wrote:
JesseOlivier wrote:

the mystery is why are people still assuming we will see invisible woman.. I was confused why so many posts are predicting it still

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. H. Horatio
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
The Future is a Game
mbmbmbmbmb
JesseOlivier wrote:
jhoratio wrote:
JesseOlivier wrote:

the mystery is why are people still assuming we will see invisible woman.. I was confused why so many posts are predicting it still

Because the info that made her appearance all but impossible at this point is only about 3 days old. Until that time the assumption was that UXM would have the same number of characters as AvX. And since that was the assumption, we were all wondering who the unrevealed characters were. As of 3 days ago we all now know we can stop wondering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.