Subject: Down to the wire.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis Todd
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A race of the ages is about to begin! We have some of the most famous names in horse racing history being put in their starting spaces. Names like War Admiral, Man o' War, and Citation have brought in a massive crowd today. We expect this to be a very close race so get ready for some excitement! They're in the gate and the buzzer is about to sound. (Buzzer Sounding) And they're off. Man o' War jumps out of gate and hits the first turn followed closely by War Admiral and Citation. The rest of the field is strung out back toward to the gates. War Admiral charges ahead through the turn to lead the pack on the back straight. Citation makes an outside move on Man o' War to take second. Can you believe that move folks! Citation is running hard and charges past War Admiral to take first place and becomes the new "pace horse"! I bet the people who have their bets placed on these three are tense with anticipation! Heading into the next turn Man o' War makes a bold charge to first place closely followed by War Admiral and Citation. Down the home stretch they come! It's Man o' War... No it's Citation... Wait, here comes War Admiral with a strong charge toward the finish line. This one is going to go down to the wire folks! I can just feel the excitement!

That's about how our final race went in Winner's Circle. It started off extremely close and finished the same way. Tonight my father-in-law and brother-in-law were my opponents in this game. We had a ton of fun messing up each others horses and hopes of victory. This was their first time to play and they understand it very quickly. The only compaints any of us had was about the colors of the horses. Sometimes it's hard to tell which is which so we were constantly correcting each other. That didn't take away from the fun though, not in the least.

Our first two races were run away victories with the first place horse finishing before most of the others had even cleared the first stretch. We were very pleased at how tight this third race was. It was neck and neck all the way to the finish line.

The final scores were:

Me: $1850
Father-in-law: $1600
Brother-in-law: $2300

I'm certain they will want to play this one agains just because of how well the last race went. I know I'll be looking forward to it at any rate.

It's War Admiral by a length followed by Man o' War and Citation. That was the greatest race I've witnessed in all my years of announcing these races and I would love to see it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.