Subject: Ongoing effects vs Quests rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mick Dundon
England
wakefield
flag msg tools
mb
1). If I have drawn an ongoing effect as an explorer event for one explorer and then a second explorer draws a quest. According to my interpretation of the rules, the explorer keeps the quest next to there card. Does the previously exposed ongoing effect continue?

Hope that makes sense!

2).I remain a little confused over Entry/Exit tokens. when an exploer moves to another tile does he place an entry token (2 stamina) only in the normal game. I played through scenario 1, (1,2,4) as suggested and my explorer died without there being a new entry token for another explorer, have i played this right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juraj Bilić
Croatia
Varazdin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
DogmaticVampyre wrote:
1). If I have drawn an ongoing effect as an explorer event for one explorer and then a second explorer draws a quest. According to my interpretation of the rules, the explorer keeps the quest next to there card. Does the previously exposed ongoing effect continue?
Hope that makes sense!

You are correct, the explorer takes his quest card, and the ongoing effect continues.

Quote:
2).I remain a little confused over Entry/Exit tokens. when an exploer moves to another tile does he place an entry token (2 stamina) only in the normal game. I played through scenario 1, (1,2,4) as suggested and my explorer died without there being a new entry token for another explorer, have i played this right?

In normal mode the explorer places edge token (to prevent some map scrolling exploits). If you scrolled away the map tile where your entry token was placed, the new explorer can't join.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Dundon
England
wakefield
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the quick reply, its as I thought.

The first game went well, the scalability mechanic looks like it will work well.

Nice one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Schneider
Germany
Stockstadt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hey,
also just wanting to make sure about events. How many events can there be? I know there's only ever one horror event.
If I draw a quest explorer event, the active explorer gets the card. If he draws another one, can you keep multiple quest events? Or only ever one per character?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juraj Bilić
Croatia
Varazdin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Yes you can keep multiple quest cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Cockrell
United States
Corona
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asipu wrote:
Yes you can keep multiple quest cards.

Do you get to choose how quests are completed? I.E. if the chapter quest is to kill 4 monsters, but you have an explorer quest to kill 3 monsters, how does this get evaluated...do I have to kill the 4 chapter monsters first and then the 3 explorer quest? Or if it was the explorer who killed one of the monsters, can he check off 1 monster from both quests?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauwel B
Belgium
flag msg tools
Additional questions about quests events:
1) does it automatically resolve when the conditions are met, or can you postpone untill you want to use it? Can you choose not to count a killed monster?
2) am I correct that when a quest event is completed, it comes on top of the destroyed quest events deck and thus ends a possible ongoing event?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha
Germany
Schleswig-Holstein
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@Pauwel B
1.) I think you can't choose. When you met the conditions you resolve it.
2.)Yes you are correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.