6 Posts

Saboteur 2 (expansion-only editions)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Condensed Rules and Clarifications rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
With Frederic's approval, I just added a new pdf to the files section that lists rules and clarifications for Saboteur 2. This should make the game go a bit smoother for you.
http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/105925/saboteur-2-quicksta...
edit: fixed typo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederic Moyersoen
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It should be "with Frederic's approval..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Marsan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rule clarifications.

One of these clarifications states: "Profiteer wins if blue/green/saboteurs win". It might be inferred from this that the profiteer needs at least one of these other dwarfs to win, in order for him to also be considered a winner. That would seem to contradict earlier threads I read, so just wanted to be sure with the questions below:

My questions:

1) can the Profiteer not also win by being the ONLY winner? Eg: 3 player game of 1 blue, 1 green and 1 profiteer. blue & green lose because path to gold has both doors. So the profiteer is the only winning dwarf, and therefore wins 3 gold (5-2). (I would hope this to be the case, because it would seem to me to make the profiteer role more interesting, with the ultimate challenge of trying to secure everyone else's downfall.)

2) Same question re the boss: 3-player game with blue, green and boss. path to gold has both doors, so boss the only winner and gets 4 gold (5-1).

3) In the clarification doc, it states that geologists are not counted as winners. Does this mean that if we added the geologist to scenario 1) above to make it 4-player with the same outcome, the profiteer would still gain 3 gold at the end of the round as the sole "winning" dwarf?

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederic Moyersoen
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes, the profiteer can win alone as you explain.

2) Yes, same for the boss.

3) Right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I thought the Profiteer only profited if somebody else won too. I did not realize the Profiteer was more like Boss Jr. I have uploaded a new v1.1 file to reflect this (as soon as it gets approved).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Van Remoortere
msg tools
Wow, Thanks a lot for this!
This clarifies some earlier discussions I had with my friends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.