4 Posts

Province» Forums » Rules

Subject: Crowd and Workers Goals? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew DeSalvo
United States
flag msg tools
Just started playing this game and came across a situation I wanted to ask some others to clarify. If a player buys the Village to get a 2nd non-green worker, which earns him or her the Worker goal, and the next goal that's revealed is the Crowd goal, and there happens to currently be 3 workers on a single space, does that player instantly get that goal or not?

Basically the question boils down to, has the player's turn ended the instant he/she buys something or is goal-checking ultra-instant?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you can claim as many goals as you fulfil the requirements for on the same turn, each time a new goal is revealed.

EDIT: This may be seen as somewhat of a major advantage to whoever gets that run of goals. You could always house rule it that you can only claim one goal on your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santiago Eximeno
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I use this house rule (only one goal for turn) to minimize cascade effect and reduce luck factor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John L
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another thing to consider is that to fulfill the crowd goal, I believe you have to end your turn, so getting them in reverse order wouldn't work the same way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.