Subject: SotM setup app rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Rossney
United States
San Francisco
California [CA]
flag msg tools
I made a little app to let you pick starting setups for Sentinels. It's at http://sentinels-setup.appspot.com.

How it works: You select how hard a game you want (by default, you'll win 50% of the time), and the app generates random setups, scoring them using Matthew Gray's difficulty rankings, until it finds one that's as hard or easy as you picked.

It'll fail if you tell it to do something impossible, it doesn't let you use advanced-mode villains, and it assumes you own all the sets, so there's plenty of room for improvement here. But even so, it's pretty useful.

Let me know if you spot any weirdness, or have suggestions for how it could usefully be improved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Enden
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cannot read the slider for percentage. It's all black.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Rossney
United States
San Francisco
California [CA]
flag msg tools
If the app looks wrong to you, it will help me a lot to know what platform/browser you're using.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam vanLangenberg
Australia
Cheltenham
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm using Chrome. I could see the slider but couldn't see any actual percentage values.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny thing is that it actually took me a few minutes to realize that the fist icon was the enter/go button.
Otherwise, it's cool.

If you can have it only include stuff people own that would be truly great.

If you update it, they will use it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Rossney
United States
San Francisco
California [CA]
flag msg tools
You don't see percentage values because I didn't want to use Javascript in the page and the HTML5 working group, in their wisdom, gave us a range element that has no explicit display of its value.

And yeah, making it possible to select which sets you have is my #1 TODO.

Fun though this app was to make, it should really be a feature of Sidekick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Rossney
United States
San Francisco
California [CA]
flag msg tools
Okay, I've updated the app so that it knows what sets each card is in and lets you select which sets you want to play with.

The code's at https://github.com/uhhhclem/sentinels.

I'd like to be able to constrain things further (e.g. I'd like to play against The Matriarch and stand a chance of winning), but that's hard to make a simple UI for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Cott
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Top work. This will be very useful.

I don't suppose you can make the slider a bit bigger (or maybe add a spin control?). On phone/small tablet it's tricky to adjust. Is it possible to display the win percentage rather than the difficulty rating?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Rossney
United States
San Francisco
California [CA]
flag msg tools
Take a look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Niksa
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm using Firefox. I could see the slider but couldn't see any actual percentage values.

Very nice piece of code!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.