Subject: Cemetery Hill and Chickamauga rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles McLellan
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
Decision Games has begun posting VASSAL modules. I have sent them two, so far, from SPI's 1975 Blue & Gray I quad -- Cemetery Hill and Chickamauga. Cemetery Hill is posted at https://shop.decisiongames.com/searchresults.asp?cat=106. Chickamauga was just sent and has not yet been posted. Let me know if you'd like the other two posted as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Runolfsson
United States
Medford
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
The door is a jar.
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course we want them all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles McLellan
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
If you have downloaded either, would you care to indicate any improvements that I can make?

DG has been quite critical. Here was there complaints/concerns regarding the Chickamauga module:

Chickamauga

Comments, Suggestions and Questions.

On the unit menu the option exist for all counters to be returned to Force pools. A pop up appears and the player selects. The “Alt Markers” pool starts with US Flag markers in the random draw pool however the player can select a unit to go to this random draw pool. Without knowing the function of the random draw alt pool is it appropriate for units to be placed in it? Even reading the notes for the module not sure what function the random draw box has.

Problems.

Same problems with the Attack and Defend markers in other modules I've reviewed. Used individually they work fine, used together unpredictable results.

Here was my response:

I don’t believe that the reviewer understands the function of the Tray. All units are on the map or on the Turn Record and Reinforcement Track. Whether units are drawn at random or not from the Tray is immaterial as units are NOT to be drawn from the Tray; only deposited there as an alternate to boxes on the board. I believed that this is clearly written on the General Information Chart 3.

The Tray may or may not be used for random draw depending upon the design of the module maker. In this case as there is no mention of drawing units or markers from the Tray at random, I suggest that reviewer dismiss that thought.

There are two types of control markers. One is on the map and an alternate is stored in the Tray. This is also noted on the General Information Chart 3.

For ease of calculating victory, it is recommended that the boxes on the board be used as VASSAL will total the strength points for the players at game’s end. If eliminated or exited units are removed to the Tray, as some players may prefer to keep the board and map clearer, then the players will still have to remove all from the Tray at the end of the game for counting. There is no reason to worry oneself over whether the draw of all is random or not.

General Information Chart 3

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/2290603/blue-gray?size=or...

Image Declined by BGG Admin.

General Information Chart 3 Resubmitted:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/2290677/blue-gray

The use of the Attack and Defend tabs is as stated in the General Information Chart 2. They are only to be used when confusion exists as to who is attacking and who is defending. After use, they are removed. I have explained before their use and how to remove them. Never should a unit be marked BOTH as an attacker and a defender in the same player-turn. The game rules do not allow that!

I have made no changes to the module. Use it or don’t.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles McLellan
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
If anyone is waiting for VASSAL modules of the remaining B&G I games from me, don't. I became so frustrated by the comments of DG's Module reviewer that I quit. When I posted my complaints about the module reviewer on DG's forum, he changed what I wrote. He didn't delete it; he changed it, making it favorable to himself rather than a condemnation of him. Fortunately, Doc Decision did change it back to what I originally wrote, but the damage was done. I quit making modules for DG.

Sorry to those fans of the old SPI B&G Quads

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.