Popular Tags: [View All]
Sonja Reznikov
Canada
North York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MIASMA Tactic Card:

When you acquire this card place it in another player`s discard pile.
ACTION: Destroy a stronghold you control to destroy this card.

Please help me understand the card texts.

a)
When you acquire this card place it in another player`s discard pile.

Why would I spent resources to obtain this and then place it in another players discard pile ? what benefit it does for me or another player ?

b)
ACTION: Destroy a stronghold you control to destroy this card.

why select the card and then weaken yourself by destroying your stronghold to destroy this card !??

I just do not get it, Who would ever spend resources to get this card.
Please help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Franco
United States
Maplewood
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
If you could touch the alien sand and hear the cries of strange birds and watch them wheel in another sky, would that satisfy you?
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically, you put this in someone else's discard pile to clog up their deck. If you've played Dominion, think about Curses. You don't want to draw a Miasma, because it's a dead card in your hand that doesn't do anything. You're going to keep drawing it every time you cycle your deck, so the only way for you to get rid of it is to sacrifice a stronghold.

In other words, you give it to another player to slow down their deck and disrupt their resources.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C.
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
why select the card and then weaken yourself by destroying your stronghold to destroy this card !??

You don't destroy your stronghold...your opponent destroys one of his own.

You put it in his discard pile and forget about it...it is his/her problem now. As was said above, it does nothing but clog up the deck...it is a dead card. When it is drawn, it does nothing but take up a spot that a better card could be occupying.

So, you opponent has to pay to get rid of it and grease his deck again. Or accept a sub-optimal draw for the rest of the game when this shows up in his hand.

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonja Reznikov
Canada
North York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx Sean & Kevin,
I understand now, we just played few rounds and thx to your explanation , suddenly this card has become very popular.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have one question - what about abilities that state "destroy a card" in your hand?

Can they be manipulated to destroy Miasma? Since it only states that it's an "Action".

In that sense, Miasma becomes quite useful as a cannon fodder card. I've found it on some occasion counter-productive when playing against the factions with a "destroy a card" ability.

P. S. A destroyed Stronghold is not removed from the game, but gets back to the Barracks (the faction's pool) - right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.