Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't make up my mind between these three lists. They all are very close and in certain circumstances will out perform each other but heading into a tourney with unknowns I'm not sure which way I want to go yet.

First EBB
Corran Horn (35)
Push the Limit (3)
Fire-Control System (2)
R2 Astromech (1)
Stealth Device (3)

Blue Squadron Pilot (22)
Advanced Sensors (3)
Ion Cannon (3)

Blue Squadron Pilot (22)
Advanced Sensors (3)
Ion Cannon (3)

I've played ran this list a couple times against a phantom and twin int list and it worked really well. So right now it's in the lead.

Second EYY
Corran Horn (35)
Push the Limit (3)
Advanced Sensors (3)
R2 Astromech (1)

"Dutch" Vander (23)
Ion Cannon Turret (5)
R7-T1 (3)

Gray Squadron Pilot (20)
Ion Cannon Turret (5)
R5-K6 (2)

Haven't ran this one and I'm a little concerned about the lack of real offensive from the Y's but if I can land hits I can control the enemy pretty well from most positions.

Third EBY
Corran Horn (35)
Push the Limit (3)
Advanced Sensors (3)
R2 Astromech (1)
Engine Upgrade (4)

Blue Squadron Pilot (22)
Advanced Sensors (3)
Ion Cannon (3)

Gold Squadron Pilot (18)
Ion Cannon Turret (5)
R7-T1 (3)

Split the difference.

Basically in all three The B's or Y's try and control the middle of the field and Corran flanks and does some strategic attacks and runs and hides between firing cycles if need be.

I've also though about swapping out Corran for Etahn because he's a very good team player. But that means I also have to be more concerned with keeping him in the fray and while E-Wings are relatively resilient they aren't tanks and rely heavily on luck of the die. - which typically green dice hate me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J H
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As an Imperial player, I'll defer to the Rebs for specific advice, but I can tell what I would and wouldn't want to face...

I think redundant board control can be smart, but I'm afraid that once Corran is gone, you'll need to stop using some of the ions in favor of more than one possible damage per shot, which might mean wasted points. Good for the opponent.

I think FCS might be stronger on Corran as he can use it for his second attack? Not happy for the other guy.

His dial with Boost is very nice indeed.

I don't like Etahn in ion lists as it nerfs his ability. Maybe wasted points.

GL!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Smith
msg tools
Though PTL is always solid..what's it for here? Most of your target locks are coming free from FCS. That means you're mainly pulling focus actions. Though you'd loose the focus/ evade option, consider marksmanship..it will work for both attacks making for a powerful hitter.

You could also then maybe swap your R2 if you like and gain some options to either stress the target or burn a lock to have him reroll hits with R7. R7-T1 allows for a solid option to set up the initial attack on a new target.

Lastly, stealth is a good pick too, but engine upgrade may be one to think about too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hutchinson
New Zealand
Waitakere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I have tried Corran (as in your third list) but preferred higher PS so went with two Daggers with advanced sensors. Hide in the asteroid field and get Corran to look for the flank with his AS , EU and / barrel roll.

If you don't take the EU however try predator for Corran to optimise his second attack without incurring a stress.

I really like Corran in a three ship list to give that option for a fourth shot when needed. But he is pricey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Went with the B's list. Ion's weren't worth it and Daggers would have served better. PTL doing Focus/Evade actions or Evade/Boost helped keep him alive. It wasn't a good day. I was having an off day but the dice weren't in my favor at all. I don't think I've ever had a day where I had so many 4 hit damage roll's completely cancelled by evades. I'd use some combination of this list again though as it's got potential, just need to refine it a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.