flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So given that the FAQ says:
"Can I spend credits to boost the strength of an icebreaker, or
break a subroutine on a piece of ice, if I am about to encounter
a Tollbooth during step 2.3 of a run?
You cannot break subroutines outside of an encounter with a
piece of ice, but you can boost the strength of an icebreaker."

Nasir can always choose to spend any money he has to boost his icebreakers before he actually enters the encounter with a newly rezzed ICE. That leaves the cost of the ICE left over to break routines and to use on a subsequent strength boost. Given that, aren't his favorite breakers going to be Gordian Blade, Snowball, and possibly even Pipeline (especially with some Personal Touches installed) since they all retain their strength for the duration of the run? It'd be valuable for him to dump any extra cash into boosting whatever breakers he thinks/knows he'll need later in the run because the money is about to disappear and be replaced with the rez cost of whatever he just face-checked.

And since they're all in-faction, you're left with a bunch of influence for other fun?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is one route, another is to load up on stuff with recurring credits so that you can always afford to use your breakers.

But i think you mean Battering Ram, not Snowball

Snowball only gets +1 Str until end of run for each subroutine it breaks

Battering Ram has the +1 until end of run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Espinosa
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think by the end of the cycle his favorite breakers will be Dagger and Refractor. Both use stealth credits to boost and you don't have to guess what ice they laid down. As far as stealth credits you would have 3 cloaks and 3 Ghost Runners. Use stealth credits only to boost and use Silencers and Lockpicks to break. Plenty of MU with the best console for him Toolbox.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Meng
msg tools
Rediknight wrote:
I think by the end of the cycle his favorite breakers will be Dagger and Refractor. Both use stealth credits to boost and you don't have to guess what ice they laid down. As far as stealth credits you would have 3 cloaks and 3 Ghost Runners. Use stealth credits only to boost and use Silencers and Lockpicks to break. Plenty of MU with the best console for him Toolbox.

Wait... Silencers and Lockpicks are stealth credits... I'm confused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Espinosa
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
trekkienz wrote:
Rediknight wrote:

No they are not stealth. With Dagger and Refractor you only need stealth credits to boost their strength. But you would use Silencer or Lockpick creds to break the subroutines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xerxes Praelor
Switzerland
flag msg tools
Rediknight wrote:
trekkienz wrote:
Rediknight wrote:

No they are not stealth. With Dagger and Refractor you only need stealth credits to boost their strength. But you would use Silencer or Lockpick creds to break the subroutines.

Silencer and Lockpick have the keyword "stealth". Look it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Espinosa
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
XerxesPraelor wrote:
Rediknight wrote:
trekkienz wrote:
Rediknight wrote:

Silencer and Lockpick have the keyword "stealth". Look it up.

Oh yea you are right. Makes sense why I put them in my Nasir deck with Dagger. Sometimes I forget these things without the cards right in front of me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Annable
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Taloncarde wrote:
That is one route, another is to load up on stuff with recurring credits so that you can always afford to use your breakers.

Right - I did mean Battering Ram. I definitely think recurring credits are important for Nasir, but the ability to "bank" any potentially wasted money into breakers that you either know you will need later (because ICE further down the line is already rezzed) or that you even just think you might need seems like an added benefit worth considering.

I'm not sure if battering ram's less efficient break option is a dealbreaker or not though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
david_annable wrote:
Taloncarde wrote:

Right - I did mean Battering Ram. I definitely think recurring credits are important for Nasir, but the ability to "bank" any potentially wasted money into breakers that you either know you will need later (because ICE further down the line is already rezzed) or that you even just think you might need seems like an added benefit worth considering.

I'm not sure if battering ram's less efficient break option is a dealbreaker or not though.

Good against multi-sub ICE, especially with Midway looming. With recurring credits it's less of a sink too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Rubin
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We learned yesterday. The correct answer is MORNING STAR
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Wallace
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
6th Circle Nethermancer in Service of the Queen!
mbmbmbmbmb
The shaper cerebrus breaker looks promisimg too, with dagger and refractor that seems a great set. That said Morning star is awesome if you can install it! And with credits coming and going a workshop could be great to get it out, or the standard Test Run/Scavenge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
With Nasir workshop is the better option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.