Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is Auto-fire just a description, or does it have game play mechanics? I know you can spend energy to roll multiple dice, but are they assigned as you see fit to creatures in the sector, or do you have to specify which alien you are going after before you roll the dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Autofire has a game function. Using his autofire he can assign hits to any "Bugs" in the zone he is firing into, giving him more options after he rolls his attack and killing a larger number of the aliens rather than just 1 which is the case for most other weapons.

Thanks for your interest.

Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Richard. Played a game last night (non-scenario, advanced game). We lost, but it was really fun. Took a little while, being our first game, because there was a lot of rules look up, but by the end, play was going relatively smoothly. A glossary of terms would have made things a bit easier for things like the auto-fire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Glad you liked it. Yes, there always seems like something more to do with rules (like a guide or glossary)that you think of after publication. I will continue to work on making that happen more often with my designs.

The game does play slower on the first runs, but once you get the basics down it runs pretty quickly. The game is tough to beat depending on scenario and the Gestation deck, but tough is fun when you win.

Autofire is a great thing. DO not let him get overrun though, he is awful at Hand to hand with the "Bugs".

Enjoy, and thanks for playing.

Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Confirm that if you fire at a zone it covers all four sectors or only the two sectors you can see in that zone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean brown

Colorado
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Terry,

You Pick the SECTOR you can see based on the space you are standing on, and target the ZONE you want to shoot at (for range) then fire.

With Diesel, If I were standing at the space just above the nose of the ship (like he is in the setup guide)I can see any Zone in Sector 1 or Sector 2, and I am in Zone 1 of Sector 2.

I could Autofire into Sector 1, Zone 3 or Zone 2 or I could autofire into Sector 2, Zone 3 (but not Zone 1, because the tunneler would burrow). (but must pick 1 zone per the Heavy Blaster card).

I personally feel I would be better suited to move first, then fire, perhaps to one of the spaces south of me, and Autofire into Sector 4, Zone 3 so I might be able to take out 2 bugs at once!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.