Robin Munn

Unspecified
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The two packs that just came out have two Event cards that return a Silvan ally to your hand to trigger an effect. The Lore version lets you search 5 cards for a Silvan ally to put into play. The Leadership version lets you apply a Feint effect to an enemy. The Spirit version has been spoiled in FFG's announcement of the fourth pack: it reduces your threat by X, where X is the cost of the ally you chose to return to your hand. That leaves only the Tactics version, which should be included in the third pack.

What do you think the Tactics "Return a Silvan ally to your hand to _____" effect is going to be?

My personal speculation: the effect will be "deal X damage to an enemy engaged with a player, where X is the cost of the chosen ally." My first thought was that X would be the attack power of the chosen ally, but that would be extremely overpowered given how easily the Tactics sphere can boost attack strength. Basing X on the cost of the chosen ally would make more sense (nothing boosts that), and it would be in line with the effect of the spoiled Spirit version. Spirit would then let you trade resources for threat reduction, and Tactics would let you trade resources for damage.

This is only speculation, and we'll find out in a month. But I'm going to make a proxy of the Tactics version of this event now, and include it in my Silvan deck. If the actual card turns out to be different from my guess, I may have to adjust my deck's tactics (no pun intended), but for now it will let me get a good feel for how a Silvan deck will perform once all the Ringmaker cycle is out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew D
msg tools
mbmb
i'm probably forgetting something, and am too lazy to go back to the articles, but do we have any official confirmation tactics will get a card like this, or is it simply speculation b/c the other spheres did/are?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael R

Heidelberg
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The answer is already out there, cf. http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/lotr-lcg/the-r...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Munn

Unspecified
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tricil wrote:

Thanks, I missed that when I was going through the FFG spoilers. I'll use the real version for my proxy, then.

For anyone stumbling across this thread who doesn't want to click through and find the card, the Tactics event is Pursuing the Enemy: "Return a Silvan ally you control to your hand to choose a player. Deal 1 damage to each enemy engaged with that player." Essentially the same effect as Rain of Arrows, but with a different triggering effect. Note that if your Silvan ally has Ranged (Silverlode Archer, Haldir of Lórien, Rúmil), there's nothing stopping you from first exhausting him to trigger Rain of Arrows, and then using Pursuing the Enemy to return him to your hand, thus dealing 2 damage to every enemy engaged with your chosen player. (Or 1 damage to every enemy engaged with two different players.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.