Paulo Santoro
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
I'm playing with second stage for some time (around 10 plays). Maybe it's not a lot, but we never used H-Bomb and lithium.

- If L.D. plants don't show up, you can't do nothing.
- If L.D. plants show up, it's very unlikely that a player will take benefit. He needs to use around 4/5 times the plant to take enough lithium, so other players have time to spy and/or bomb it.

I suggest a variant with a LD Plant starting open in the board. You can use it as a space in the board. I suggest the 1-cube output plant, so it's not too strong.

To be clear: remove the 1-cube output LDPlant from the deck before shuffling. Put this plant somewhere on the board, face up. It now works as any action on the board: you can use it as your only board action in the first step of your turn (1 worker = 1 lithium). It does not belong to anyone and can't be bombed.

What do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paulo, a while since we played, but I know we had to house rule the "orange" bombs to the condition of make one and you win the game ( I think win conditions mean you would need to make two).
No one would ever get to make two, but one is realistic and an achievable goal.
Your variant above could be equally effective, but one things for sure - without some sort of house rule the H bomb would never be used and pointless in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This should be posted under Second Stage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fleetwood
Spain
Zaragoza
flag msg tools
I totally agree with house-ruling the use of LD plants. I have not played yet with the expansion but it's too much luck-dependent to rely on the LD plants coming up soon enough for an H-bomb based strategy. I guess I'll be house-ruling H- bombs your way Paulo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.