Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Brown
England
Esher
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe,

REST TURNS

May I suggest a change to the Rest Turn rule (3.5.0)?

The CW did launch night attacks. Specific to AW, I am thinking of OPERATION TOTALIZE. Launched at 23.30 hours on 7 August 1944 by the 1st Canadian Army south of Caen towards Falaise.

I would suggest that the CW have the same restrictions as the Germans

Ian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Youst
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
designer
beginning in August, units under Guy Simonds may launch Pas at night. That is already in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Brown
England
Esher
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe,

I take the point entirely about Guy Simmonds and the big set piece attack, but the history of the British Army, since Marlborough's time, is one of night attacks.

I think the point is a philosophical one. The aim of the rules, I believe, is to create as realistic a game as possible, but not to impose a straight-jacket. The CW should be able to launch night attacks IF THEY SO WISH as it is part of their military doctrine. That they did not do so historically should not be held against them. You do, after all, allow such variations elsewhere.

Anyway, we will go with your restriction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.