Paul Aceto
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, this is it (and apoplogies for the glare). One turn to go, and it looks like the Last Stand at Birkham Stokes will take place in the NW Square, where Woods, Fox, Drake and Reynolds will try to hold off the horde sof Germans coming from the school to the west and the cricket pavilion to the north. The Pub Regulars were finally wiped out, leaving their instruments of death strewn over Pub Lane.

The South Sussex Hunt is actually now trapped to the south, holed up in a barn and surrounded by German-controlled areas.

A small German detachment did make it all the way to the NE Square, but they were dispatched by Sherwin, firing his Lee-Enfield from the church tower.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Aceto
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Contiuning AAR: 1- 8 pm
I was wrong - the key fight turned out to be at the NE Square, as the Germans to the NW whiffed on almost every single die roll. The group in the NE Sqaure was the only one that had a chance to advance into the church on the final turn, but they were reduced by more accurate fire from Sherwin.

So Birkham Stokes held out to the end, and I gained a British tactical victory (103 points, a student score of "C").

Here's how it looked at the end:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Hughes

California
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for AAR. What did you think of the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Aceto
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be posting my impressions soon. Short answer: great game, marred - but not ruined - by some poor design choices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.