Quantum» Forums » Rules

Subject: Deploy when orbital positions full? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Bog
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
If all orbital positions are full around the planet(s) you have a quantum cube, can you deploy? What happens in this instance?

This came perilously close to happening in the supercollider map with the Void tile since another player moved my one cube in between two of the other players' cubes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
boggy45 wrote:
If all orbital positions are full around the planet(s) you have a quantum cube, can you deploy? What happens in this instance?

This came perilously close to happening in the supercollider map with the Void tile since another player moved my one cube in between two of the other players' cubes.

I'm not sure, but I think you wouldn't be able to deploy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Vandeweyer
Belgium
Haaltert
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
boggy45 wrote:

I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean, but in the rare case that all 4 orbital positions on the 1 planet with one of your cubes are taken, you can probably do one of these actions:
> take a move action to move one of your ships away from the orbital position in case at least one of those ships are yours
> if none of your own ships are in orbital position on that planet, attack one of the ships blocking an orbital position (if you win you should NOT place your ship on the very same spot, of course)
> if none of your ships are close enough to attack, use a move action to bring one closer, so in the next turn you can.
> if you have no more ships on the board, add 3 to research and hope that there will be an open spot by next turn
> if there is no open spot by next turn you are entitled to severely insult the other players

The enemy can deliberately choose to block orbital positions for several turns to prevent you from deploying, but this would not help them much, since they can't use those ships to place cubes on other planets. Furthermore, forcing you to add 3 to research each turn will quickly gain you access to several advance cards, making you stronger while they're still dicking around. Sweet revenge will relentlessly hit soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bog
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Phanthomus wrote:
boggy45 wrote:

I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean, but in the rare case that all 4 orbital positions on the 1 planet with one of your cubes are taken, you can probably do one of these actions:

Even though a space opened up, I decided to research since the new planet was too contested between the others. With research, I was able to get a powerful combo to take me to the win.

It sounds most likely that if others are blocking you, you can't deploy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.