Subject: Any games about whaling? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
L Long
United States
Graford
Texas
flag msg tools
The title says it all - I'm looking for a "whaling" themed game.

TY!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Villa
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, there was an old cooperative game from an independent game company in CA called "Save the Whales". It was a kids game made from a protectionist-naturist perspective about saving all the species of endangered Whales as they were being hunted by a whaling ship. Green Peace was featured throughout. The components were awesome with silver metal Whales and Ship. You might be able to find it on eBay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rodriguez
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
It's an icon
mbmbmbmbmb
Moby Dick, or, The Card Game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
When asking "What would Jesus do?", remember that flipping over tables and using a whip are within the realm of possibilities.
mbmbmbmbmb
Whale Hunters

I'm not sure how hard it is to find.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jrtolf wrote:
Whale Hunters

I'm not sure how hard it is to find.

"Victory: At the end of the game the player with the most Blubber Tokens wins." Best VP condition ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vanilla Ice
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
I played a worker placement whaling game at an unpub night a few months ago called New Bedford. I read that it is being published by Dice Hate Me. It had a pretty cool mechanic for catching different types of whales that involved drawing tiles from a bag. Boats farther out at see draw first, which is important because there are blank/ocean tiles that stay in the bag so that over time it becomes harder to catch whales.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Leave the poor whales alone!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Long
United States
Graford
Texas
flag msg tools
mhuggins123 wrote:
I played a worker placement whaling game at an unpub night a few months ago called New Bedford. I read that it is being published by Dice Hate Me. It had a pretty cool mechanic for catching different types of whales that involved drawing tiles from a bag. Boats farther out at see draw first, which is important because there are blank/ocean tiles that stay in the bag so that over time it becomes harder to catch whales.

This game looks great! Wish it wasn't so long to be able to get it! :-(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brahan
United States
North Sutton
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New Bedford is coming out from Dice Hate Me games on Kickstarter. I do not know of a date yet, but their games are always wonderful. I can't wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Passick
United States
Charlotte
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. I didn't think there would actually be a whaling board game, or several for that matter! Now I've gotta be the one to ask....is there a game about clubbing seals?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Cormode
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cosmicsparky wrote:
Wow. I didn't think there would actually be a whaling board game, or several for that matter! Now I've gotta be the one to ask....is there a game about clubbing seals?

Ever played chess? It's a game about slaughtering other humans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
When asking "What would Jesus do?", remember that flipping over tables and using a whip are within the realm of possibilities.
mbmbmbmbmb
cosmicsparky wrote:

The Seal Hunting Game

You are Eskimos hunting for seals. It doesn't actually say "clubbing", though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wm Seabrook
United Kingdom
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Snowdonia is set in Wales. Does that count?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.