Subject: where (else) to buy Piecepack? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ricardo Signes
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I liked the old engraved Piecepack sets from Blue Panther, as seen here: http://bluepantherllc.com/BP3_Piecepack.htm … but they're no longer available. I'm not a big fan of the flat directly-printed-on ones they now offer: http://bluepantherllc.com/BP4_NewPiecepack.htm

Where else, if anywhere, can I get a nice piecepack set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan James
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure you can buy their "old" piecepacks still. At least, when I bought the Set 1 from the first link, they were offering the "new" ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Signes
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
autoplectic wrote:
I'm pretty sure you can buy their "old" piecepacks still. At least, when I bought the Set 1 from the first link, they were offering the "new" ones.

You can't. They no longer have the old ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I have one and I'm not doing much with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray KL
United States
California
flag msg tools
rjbs wrote:
autoplectic wrote:

You can't. They no longer have the old ones.

Then why do they still have a PayPal link? Did I just throw $33 into a pit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Signes
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
llama66613 wrote:

Did you order the colored JCD piecepack — the engraved one? If so, my understanding is that there are zero of them left and that they no longer produce them. I was also told that they were in the midst of updating their site.

So I'd expect you'll be asked whether you'd like another model instead, or a refund. I am curious as to how it plays out, let us know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray KL
United States
California
flag msg tools
rjbs wrote:
llama66613 wrote:

Did you order the colored JCD piecepack — the engraved one? If so, my understanding is that there are zero of them left and that they no longer produce them. I was also told that they were in the midst of updating their site.

So I'd expect you'll be asked whether you'd like another model instead, or a refund. I am curious as to how it plays out, let us know?

Yeah, I got the colored one; if they're no longer sold, they should definitely advertise it better. Nothing's happened yet. I'll keep this thread updated, fingers crossed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Jones
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Let me set the record straight.

1) Blue Panther is still in business - the website is in sore need of an update that is ongoing and taking much longer than intended, for good reasons, but not relevant to this discussion.

2) We did indeed run out of the Set 1 Color Piecepacks and have not made any for some time. The reason is that there were no orders for some time. However, since we do - print-on-demand piecepacks, we will be doing a short run in the next few days to fill all orders recently placed on the website and we will also make a few sets for new orders.

3) We will continue to offer piecepacks "old" and "new" and also plan to offer a "custom" piecepack service where you provide the graphics and we do the printing/engraving of the units - another piece of functionality still being developed for our new website.

If you are at Gateway in LAX on Labor Day weekend or BGGCon in Nov, stop by our booth we'll have some piecepacks on hand.

Thanks to Daniel Ajay for alerting us to this thread.

Steve Jones
Blue Panther LLC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
rjbs wrote:
I liked the old engraved Piecepack sets from Blue Panther, as seen here: http://bluepantherllc.com/BP3_Piecepack.htm … but they're no longer available. I'm not a big fan of the flat directly-printed-on ones they now offer: http://bluepantherllc.com/BP4_NewPiecepack.htm

Where else, if anywhere, can I get a nice piecepack set?

If you're willing to wait until 2015 there will be a "Klutz-style" set sold with a book of games, from Workman:

The Piecepack Remakes — and Allows You to Remake — the World of Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.