Popular Tags: [View All]
Raf B
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes this game produces lopsided results, in face to face play as well. Playing those sorts of games often becomes a true challenge for the player who is suffering the ill luck, driving a battered FSP to shed companions and try for an FPMV against poor odds.

But for every game where the Hunt has been uncannily successful, I have also seen games where the FSP has moved direct from Rivendell to the Mordor Track.

Some players find this unpredictability a flaw in the game. What I like about it is that there is really no knowing what will happen, once you step out your door. The road goes ever on and on...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steva fields
United States
vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, now I know where my 6's went. My last game I was -8 on 6's. Also the last 3 tile draws were 0's. I believe the random in the client is fine. It is just a feature of playing with random variables. Sometimes the luck will lean one direction or another. Most times it will even out in the end. But there are games that are just a landslide one way or the other. This also causes the effect that no one is ever completely out of the game. As the variables can quickly shift the other direction.

So you have to keep pushing on toward the end. If the situation never changes, then you just have to write it off as one of those games that happen once in a while, and when it happens for you, you hope you are playing someone really good. That you can never beat. So you can always have hope that there is a chance to win, no matter who you play against.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King in Green
Japan
flag msg tools
mb
Not to mention how often Strider comes out to a random companion draw!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.