New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The return match of Zirak and I.
Z: Russia
I: Axis
10-5 to myself in the first battle. Could I sneak anything greater than 5 points to take the overall 2-way game?
After the previous game; where Z spent much time focusing on taking out my snipers for little reward I decided to go all out in the left flank. I intended to use my engineers to take out the far left mine. The mines on the border of left/centre flank would have been better... but the infantry in the town coupled with the all-seeing eyes of the tanks behind the sandbags were too great a deterrent. So around the edge of the board I try to sneak. I manage to clear the mine, then clear his scrambling forces out of the left factory. About to move in with 4 men and hold the upper-hand I have a forced retreat, noooo! The Russian tanks and infantry swarm around me, reducing me to a poor rabble. I limp back to the relative safety of my own lines.
The centre is next, I manage to get my tanks up to pick a few of his units off. Meanwhile, Z's artillery continue to diminish my resources from long range.
Some strategic hopping between city ruins and towns allows me to clear a clear track to the Barricades Factory that has now been cleared of artillery. All I need is for ONE dice roll to go my way. It doesn't... my infantry is gunned down at the gates to the barricades factory, leaving me only 1 hex from claiming it, giving me a 4 point-swing.
I lose 10-5. All up it is a draw; a just result.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.