Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Cocktosen
United States
Weymouth
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For some reason the song "Bang Bang - My Baby Shot Me Down" by Nancy Sinatra got into my head, which got me to Kill Bill Volume 1, which in turn got me to Reservoir Dogs.

What I'm trying to do...

I put the names of the actors who played each character in the event that people don't remember who was who. Trying to give a visual. Anyways.

Joe Cabot (Lawrence Tierney) - Kingpin. Has to be Kingpin. He brought all of the Mister Colors together.

Mr. Pink (Steve Buscemi) - Electro. For some reason this one made the most sense. Mr. Pink was all about the job, no nonsense. Hates tipping.

Mr. Orange (Tim Roth) - Loki. He's the rat of the bunch, throwing the team into chaos and infighting. Loki seemed a natural choice.

Mr. White (Harvey Keitel) - Magneto. Mr. White's insistence that Mr. Orange was a good guy really screwed over the team. Because of him team members died. Magneto seemed to make sense.

Mr. Blonde (Michael Madsen) - Venom. Killing bystanders. Tapped in the head. Violent. Venom.

I'm pretty much all set with the above, however, it's the Plot that I'm fiddling around with. Thematically I would like to do Midtown Bank Robbery, but it's going to need some tinkering. This is where I'm asking for some help and what I have.

Midtown Bank Robbery

Setup: 8 Twists. 12 total Bystanders in the Villain Deck (and I do mean in the deck with the Mister Colors).

Special Rules: When a Bystander is drawn from the Villain Deck, place it under the Adversary closest to the Adversary Pile. Each adversary gets a +1 attack for each Bystander it has rescued.

Twist: Any Adversary in the Bank rescues 2 Bystanders. Then play the top card of the Adversary Deck.

Good Wins: When 8 Bystanders are carried (rescued) away by the escaping Adversary's.

My thinking behind putting the Bystanders in my Villain draw deck - Instead of a Villain entering the Lair when a Bystander is drawn, the Bystander is rescued by an Adversary. This would represent covert rescue attempts by the Avengers (maybe only they, and not cops, can rescue Bystanders from the Villain Deck?) to get Bystanders out of the Lair.

Commander: Nick Fury (Chief of Police)
Henchmen: Cops (all of them?)
Villains: Avengers (Extremely powerful undercover agents..heh)

Thoughts? Criticisms? Suggestions? Nothing is set in stone either.

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MoonSylver
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

laugh

Sounds like it'd work to me. IIRC when I played Midtown Bank Robbery I was able to set it up "by the book" & it worked fine. Just the roles were reversed, & as you say, the Bystanders are being Rescued, not Kidnapped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.