Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ben vs. Me.

Ben loves playing with the Russian side, and fair enough, the quality of the pieces are excellent. So, on that note, Ben will be the Russians and I the Finnish. This is the first time we have played this battle. I look at my troops and feel a little nervous. My previous plays with units of 3 have proved disastrous... one unit can easily be annihilated in one go. The town of Suomussaimi is such a secure stronghold that I liken my chances that B will not leave its safe haven sandbags in a hurry. I focus on his forces in the top corner of the left flank. I tentatively creep my troops over the frozen rivers to make an all out attack, setting up with an Infantry Assault. Thankfully no men are lost to the icy waters. After many casualties, I defeat his left flank troops and re-gather on the left of the river, out of the range of his artillery. By now the score is 5-4 to me... just one unit to destroy and glory will be mine. B has 1 infantry that is hanging around just outside the town. It is my chance. I move up two ski troops, one of value 3, one of 2. They reduce his infantry unit to 1 man, I am (very) disappointed; I was hoping for more. B fires back, taking out one of my units and reducing the other to 2. It is tied at 5-5. I have one more chance, I run my ski troops around the top of the middle flank over the frozen lake, phew, no icy drownings. Here I am, standing outside Suomussaimi needing to bring just one man down with 2 dice. Surely... surely... *dice roll* .... two misses! NO! Ben fires straight back and wham-bam, I am dead. 6-5 I lose. But WHAT a game. I love M44, especially the Eastern Front!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.