Popular Tags: [View All]
Henrik Reschreiter
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A great game, and even though the rules look quite long, actually a very simple and intuitive system.

One question though: both sides have a 'Bde' counter for each of their regiments, e.g. '2/3/2 Bde' - nothing else on there, apart rom that it has a line and coloumn side.

What is it for? I thought for the brigades, the Leader is the HQ, so is this just to find units, use them as marker for a stack, or some sort of off-baord organisation?

Any help much appreciated :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas fernbacker
United States
hicksville
New York
flag msg tools
gbacw nut
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I remember correctly,
they are for a "brigade(s)" that has been so reduced in strenght as to count all the regiments to a single unit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Cameron
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think those are just to ease in stacking congestion.

You use the marker on the board to represent a bunch of regiments from that brigade all stacked together in that hex.

Some brigades have quite a number of small regiments so the stack can get quite high if they each have a strength marker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob James
United States
Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like people are guessing what they are for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thomas is correct:

1.3c
Consolidated Brigades. Certain brigades are shown as a single counter, rather than their component regiments. This is done if the brigade’s strength was such that it had to fight as a single regiment. These can be identified by the use of “Bde” in their unit ID. These still “count” as brigades for their divisions for Fluke Stoppage reserve purposes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abe Delnore
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cmontgo2 wrote:
Thomas is correct:

1.3c
Consolidated Brigades. Certain brigades are shown as a single counter, rather than their component regiments. This is done if the brigade’s strength was such that it had to fight as a single regiment. These can be identified by the use of “Bde” in their unit ID. These still “count” as brigades for their divisions for Fluke Stoppage reserve purposes.

I don't think so. Rule 1.3 explains "regiments" like "Phelps Bde" of Union "1/1" division or "Stonewall Bde" of Confederate "Jacksn" division. Note that these units have the full array of system ratings: weapons, strength, morale. We are told that these units represent brigades that were so depleted that in game terms they are treated as regiments for most purposes.

I can't figure out what the other "Bde" counters lacking system ratings are for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Leclair
Canada
flag msg tools
Hi guys,

I just stumbled on this old thread and noticed that it has not yet been resolved. To clarify, Malcom had the right answer above.

The LoB rules v1.0 had an optional rule (rule 12.8) explaining that Bde counters could be used to reduce map congestion by consolidating small units from the same brigade that are stacked together to be represented by a single counter on the mapboard.

The LoB v1 rules are found here: http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?233@@.ee6db90!enclosure=.1d.... See rule 12.8 for the details.

The version 2 edition of LoB did away with this optional rule. I'm not sure why. I suspect it just wasn't being used often enough to warrant keeping in the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.