Capital Federal
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
OK Art Studio - www.okartstudio.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Calling the things you don't like mediocre and that you do like excellent is not very objective I think

I think there is every kind of art according to everyone taste, and usually they don't mix up. Don't get caught in styles, just enjoy what you already like, and be open to enjoy whatever comes in your way.

That said... Lets DEVO!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor S

Nebraska
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you really concerned about whether or not it is "fine" or do you just want to share your personal taste with us?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor S

Nebraska
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
korxonthos wrote:
SebasKO wrote:
Calling the things you don't like mediocre and that you do like excellent is not very objective I think

Isn't art subjective?

Yeah, but saying you prefer excellent melodies over mediocre melodies isn't really saying anything.

Do you like good food too? Personally, I prefer it over bad food.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eager
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
DBA Junkie
badge
"A Book should serve as the Ax for the frozen sea within us."-- KAFKA
mbmbmbmbmb
ninja This Thread Needs More Zeni Geva. ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.

Walt Whitman
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
午餐先生
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
korxonthos wrote:

P.S. Is it fine to like My Little Pony and gothic metal at the same time? I feel awkward liking a cutesy show about friendship and kindness while adoring songs about death and suffering...

I think you like what you like. This little girl probably likes those things, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
fireflyhex wrote:
korxonthos wrote:
SebasKO wrote:

Isn't art subjective?

Yeah, but saying you prefer excellent melodies over mediocre melodies isn't really saying anything.

Do you like good food too? Personally, I prefer it over bad food.
It makes more sense if the implicit point is

'I like deep stories even if the purer 'artistic' elements aren't so great: badly acted deep tragedies or powerfully themed but badly drawn manga. For music on the other hand, it's the more purely 'artistic' things that matter rather than the theme/meaning'

So, for instance, I can honestly say that I really enjoy some songs which I think are musically massively flawed because I like the lyrics/message/atmosphere enough to make up for rather laboured music. Various Cohen songs leap to mind: bad use of synths etc. but I love the songs anyway. Or with books, I care about a fun plot and less about the artistic brilliance of how the prose is written.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.