Subject: Gaming in Sweden rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Hansel
United States
Spencer
IA
flag msg tools
This week my family had the privilege of having relatives from Sweden come visit for a week. I asked them if there was a gaming culture there and they were not aware if there was one or not.

I introduced them to a number of games. They especially liked Loopin Louie' with their favorite game being Sushi Go! We played a ton of Sushi Go! Before they left they asked if they could find Sushi Go! in Sweden. I of course didn't know so I gave them my copy and ordered a new one for myself.

Is there a gaming culture in Sweden? They live near Gothenburg. Does anyone know any stores in that area? They were genuinely interested in gaming. I would like to e-mail them some ideas of stores they could visit.

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virre Linwendil Annergård
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a giant Swedish gaming culture, the biggest youth organisation in the country is focused on gaming and get millions in state money for example.

There is also a few shops, one or two in Gothenburg as far as I know off. Based on threads in the Sweden forum there is

Spel I focus - hosted in the focus mall by Liseberg it sells boardgames.

Cafe Taktik - A boardgame cafe

And the science fiction bookstore have some games.

Small clubs also often have events etc etc (people from Gothenburg can add to it).

Oh and there been a con every easter in Gothenburg for more then 30 years...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.