Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Potapoff
Canada
edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I found these websites to have a great do it yourself custom tuck box templates that works very well for the Rallyman cards. Only issue is the tuckbox doesn't fit into the game box but it is an alternative to rubber banding or bagging your cards.

This site: http://www.ee0r.com/boxes/index.html has the instructions on how to turn the printed template into a constructed tuckbox.

This site: http://www.cpforbes.net/tuckbox/ has the template generator that allows you to enter the dimensions of the cards then generates a PDF that you can print off.

For my 4th edition Rallyman I set the Width as 1.7 inches, Height as 2.7 and thickness as 1.8 which resulted in a nice box for all of the cards. You might want to increase the thickness to 1.9 or 1.85 as I found it a touch too tight. Also perhaps swapping the width and height might work as I had to put the cards in "left to right" instead of "front to back".

I guess another idea is to experiment with the thickness if you want to make multiple thinner boxes to hold say the 1 and 2 gears in one box, 3, and 4 in another box, etc. to try and get tuckboxes small enough that will fit in the box and better organize the cards but I suspect the template has a limit on how thin it can go before it won't work or it becomes too hard to construct. I might experiment with other thicknesses to see if I can do small enough tuckboxes that will fit in the game box.

I suggest printing the template on normal paper first to try out constructing the tuckbox and to test the dimensions before switching to a thicker paper. I also taped down the tabs to make for a more solid box, but I also did a less than stellar folding and cutting job so more skilled people might get away without taping. Also measuring your cards yourself might be a good idea as I just quickly measured my cards with a wonky measuring tape so the better measurements are probably in order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.