Christopher Westphal
msg tools
mbmb
Does anyone have any house rules (or opinions therein) on some good effects for some REALLY LARGE terrain features?

My buddy and I approach Epic scale games as mostly dogfight affairs, with a light sprinkling of large ships, but have no plans for any Huge ships, so we don't worry about needing lots of open space on the playing field.

To that note I wanted something suitably "epic" to use as terrain other than the pretty small asteroids that come with the game, so I did some work in GIMP to make a pair of templates which depict two halves of a drifting, destroyed Corvette (to the scale of the standard model) out of the ones found in the files section here on the 'geek.

I thought it would be fun and cinematic to be able to be able to pilot ships through the clear space between the halves, but I am wondering about what I should impose as penalties for flying over the intact sections of the ship, which will already block line of sight for shooting.

Automatic stress token? Some sort of damage/agility roll?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Bland
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
I'm not sure about the CR90, but I know for the rules with the Transport they do mention that you can actually use the ship as an obstacle replacing 3 asteroids and the same rules apply as far as collision and flying over and such. Not sure if this is the kind of answer you were looking for. Also if you're having the ship 'drift' in any way, the ship causes immediate destruction for any ship that it crashes into.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.