Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just drew the horror event “An Unseen Presence” whose second effect is “Refresh monster spawns”, but the term “refresh” is not found anywhere in the rule book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Schneider
Germany
Stockstadt
flag msg tools
badge
At the back of the rules book, it says:
If a map tile space is destroyed, place an explored token on top of it. If a map tile space is refreshed and there is an explored token on top of it, remove the token.
So you just activate the monster spawn again, if you already closed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, thank you. I hadn’t checked the back.

On a side note, I found out this morning that the “text” in the PDF version of the rule book isn’t really text at all but just a picture of text, making the rule book un-searchable. It would be of far greature use if the text were left intact in the PDF.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casius Bane
msg tools
What about in the case of "Destroy Monster Spawn"? I know this is different from "Seal Monster Spawn" but what exactly happens? Especially in the case of a monster on the spawn location. The space goes from a passable space to an obstacle. So presumably it would destroy the monster? Does the player get the essence for the monster death?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juraj Bilic
Croatia
Varazdin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Q: Monster spawn - when sealing a spawn and there is a monster on it, it says to destroy the monster. Is this the same as the monster dying or is the monster being banished?

A: You gain essence (the same as with destroying monster spawn). You don't gain essence by banishing monsters, but you do with destroy effects.
As with monsters, the explorer who stands on top of destroyed/sealed monster spawn is destroyed as well, and the activating explorer will gain essence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.