Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
470 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [19] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Women and Gaming

Subject: Show me your game shelf! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: storage [+] shelves [+] collection [+] shelf [+] furniture [+] image:game_collection [+] [View All]
Bicky N
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Here's where I put all my games; I'm at about 65 with expansions. (Hope this is the appropriate forum for this.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacq L
New Zealand
flag msg tools
What are YOU lookin at?
badge
poof
mbmbmbmbmb
Great thread idea! Do you find all your bits and pieces get all messed up from storing most of the games upright like that?

This is the most recent pic I have of my own shelf:

It has changed and seen a few additions in the last few months, but it's mostly the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathryn Harmon
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bicmeister wrote:
Here's where I put all my games; I'm at about 65 with expansions. (Hope this is the appropriate forum for this.)

Great collection! Really great, do you love Roads & Boats? I have been dragging my feet on that a bit. Our collections are fairly similar and I will be out of town, but my sweetie will post a pic of our cabinets tomorrow in the light...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bicky N
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Jacqland wrote:
Great thread idea! Do you find all your bits and pieces get all messed up from storing most of the games upright like that?

Nice collection! It's interesting that you store your collection flat.
I always organize my bits and pieces, either using plastic bags or little plastic bins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle Ross
Ireland
Cork City
Co. Cork
flag msg tools
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain
mbmbmbmbmb

Last year we converted the dead space over the laundry counter in our kitchen to board game storage. We do almost all of our gaming in our kitchen, so it was a perfect storage solution for us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The games are on 3 shelves; there is one more bookshelf on the opposite wall. Sam's RPGs are on similar shelves in the second bedroom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
katlibrary wrote:
bicmeister wrote:

Great collection! Really great, do you love Roads & Boats? I have been dragging my feet on that a bit. Our collections are fairly similar and I will be out of town, but my sweetie will post a pic of our cabinets tomorrow in the light...

We love Roads & Boats. I wrote a review of it a while back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Sheets
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Most of my strictly 2p games and also some party games and old games

Top is unplayed games followed by 2nd shelf of more unplayed then favorites that get unfavoriter or maybe just less frequently played as we go on down to the floor.

*And Dominion is on the yellow tub in the middle between the two shelving units. You barely get a glimpse of it in the 2nd picture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice collections! I'll take some pictures soon and post. We have 3 bookcases and the top shelf of a closet, though two of the bookcases have other things in lower shelves, but one bookcase is completely board games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goldfinger
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Some of my collection. Box covers are like eye candy to me

• [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Donovan
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Keep it cool, keep it casual...
badge
Plays well with others.
mbmbmbmbmb
Our main game shelf is admittedly getting a little out of hand:

And they're creeping into other nooks and crannies, as well:

Others are tucked away in purses, backpacks, and a somewhat terrifying storage closet. >_> I think currently it's at ~300, including expansions and what all, between the spouse and myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Grenon
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a shot of our game closet. There's a few more games hidden towards either side in there

The sad thing is, there's a large portion of games that have not been played or only been played once
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary U
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb

Here are my game shelves.
Games are organized by category, then best way to utilize space in that cube. Spiel des Jahres are in the middle. The baskets on the left have various small card games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

here's the main game room, other shelves in other rooms and the storage area not included
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." - Khalil Gibran
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, Goldfinger! What a nifty idea! That would be a very cool way to decorate a game room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wilczewski
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
badge
Someone on the internet is wrong!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bondgoldfinger wrote:

What kind of shelves do you do for this? I love it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Blachek
United States
charlotte hall
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am deeply embarrased by my game shelf 'solution' right now. I know what i want to do, have the go ahead from my husband, but we have to pull everything from the walls in that room anyhow for a termite treatment, so theres no point in buying shelving or reorganizing until thats done....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samish Harmon
United States
Nehalem
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kathryn Harmon
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
asked me to share a picture of our game shelves with you while she is away at a board retreat.
It took us some time to find the right storage solution. We would love to have them in open shelving, or displayed as art, but there is so much light from a big center skylight that we have had UV damage in the past. We settled on these IKEA BESTA cabinets that are the perfect depth for most normal size games.
This is the 'dining room' with the game cabinet doors closed:

And this is with the doors open.

We have one more cabinet to grow into!
It is really fun to see all of your shelves and collections, thanks for sharing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nat
United Kingdom
Middlesbrough
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know I've only been buying games for a couple of months but this all seems like madness to me! Wonderful, expensive madness. I am filled with envy. But the good kind. I'll get there eventually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goldfinger
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alenen wrote:
Bondgoldfinger wrote:

What kind of shelves do you do for this? I love it!

Got them at IKEA

http://m.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/art/50278482/#/ca/e...

http://m.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/art/30152596/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goldfinger
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GnatOfPower wrote:
I know I've only been buying games for a couple of months but this all seems like madness to me! Wonderful, expensive madness. I am filled with envy. But the good kind. I'll get there eventually.

Always happy to help others spend money on the hobby
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Smith
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
And what become of her new straw hat that should have come to me?
mbmbmbmbmb

It's already changed a bit since I took this shot thanks to new acquisitions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Plumb
United States
Rio Rancho
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is mine, although it is not current... a few more have been added since this picture!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebbecca Barry
United States
CHILTON
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We got our shelf from Ikea and love it. We plan on getting more at some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Smith
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great shelving everyone! Those display shelves are really nice, Goldfinger. Bicky already posted ours, so I've stolen our buddies collection to show off. He needs to buy more games... cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [19] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.