Subject: $15.00 MSRP rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Birder
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Fixing thread because my misunderstanding made this thread look like a knock against this game…and it's resolved. (I asked that my thread be deleted, but they won't do it. Sorry Phil.) shake

Get this game. You won't be sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Walker-Harding
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: $10USD??
The full retail price is US$15 and the pledge price should have worked out to be about US$18.80. As an Australian publisher the logistics of getting the game delivered all over the world meant we simply couldn't do it for under AUD$20 with shipping included. Games are also more expensive over here and we don't have the same culture of deep discount online stores. All of which is to say, sorry about this price discrepancy for US backers, but thanks so much for your support! Very glad you are enjoying the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Carvalho
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
I dwell in possibility
badge
Forever is composed of nows
mbmb
MichelleOH wrote:
Did I just pay THAT much extra for a bell?? One of these days I'll learn.

And, I like the game, that's not the issue. Its that I paid almost double via KS. Not cool.

Wait... Do you need a bell to play this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hallam-Stephens
Australia
Castlemaine
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kickstarter =/= pre-order

Adventureland Games had a really interesting game they wanted to get out into the world but needed the funds to get the games produced.

If you were only backing it because you want the cheapest price option, wait until it's in stores.
Don't expect kickstarter to be the best option for getting a game if you're not in it to support a game idea that you fully enjoy.

You're not preordering a game, you're investing in a creative project that you believe needs the funding.

I backed it because I love backing good Australian board games. And the concept of a morning tea micro card game was brilliant and the print and play was a big hit at Games night. The price was worth supporting this great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crazedyeti wrote:
MichelleOH wrote:
Did I just pay THAT much extra for a bell?? One of these days I'll learn.

And, I like the game, that's not the issue. Its that I paid almost double via KS. Not cool.

Wait... Do you need a bell to play this game?

No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Birder
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
JustinBoy24 wrote:

Adventureland Games had a really interesting game they wanted to get out into the world but needed the funds to get the games produced.

If you were only backing it because you want the cheapest price option, wait until it's in stores.
Don't expect kickstarter to be the best option for getting a game if you're not in it to support a game idea that you fully enjoy.

You're not preordering a game, you're investing in a creative project that you believe needs the funding.

I backed it because I love backing good Australian board games. And the concept of a morning tea micro card game was brilliant and the print and play was a big hit at Games night. The price was worth supporting this great game!

Yes, I understand all that. But would it be okay with you to back a game at $100 and then see the same thing available for $59 retail? As I said, it fine because I like the game. I just find paying almost 50% more than it's currently advertised for a little much. If you don't, more power to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Birder
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Phil81 wrote:
The full retail price is US$15 and the pledge price should have worked out to be about US$18.80. As an Australian publisher the logistics of getting the game delivered all over the world meant we simply couldn't do it for under AUD$20 with shipping included. Games are also more expensive over here and we don't have the same culture of deep discount online stores. All of which is to say, sorry about this price discrepancy for US backers, but thanks so much for your support! Very glad you are enjoying the game!

All good, Phil. I've added the retail price question to games I wish to back. I wish you much success with this little gem!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MichelleOH wrote:
JustinBoy24 wrote:

Yes, I understand all that. But would it be okay with you to back a game at $100 and then see the same thing available for $59 retail?

If you're a genuine Kickstarter "investor" and not just a pre-order gamer, then the answer must be "yes". Its like a helping to Kickstart a movie production for, say, $100, when the actual ticket (when the movie gets made) is only going to be $10.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Birder
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Again…it's fine if that's how you guys roll. There are a couple designers I would back at almost any cost…except getting taken for a ride financially. Why not lower the cost of the game and get more backers? Makes far more sense.

I'm fine with Elevenses, btw...Thought the $9.99 price I saw was retail. I will often pay retail to support the game store, so all good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hallam-Stephens
Australia
Castlemaine
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MichelleOH wrote:
Again…it's fine if that's how you guys roll. There are a couple designers I would back at almost any cost…except getting taken for a ride financially. Why not lower the cost of the game and get more backers? Makes far more sense.

I'm fine with Elevenses, btw...Thought the $9.99 price I saw was retail. I will often pay retail to support the game store, so all good.

Unfortunately you have to remember this is an independent AUSTRALIAN board game company.

Have you ever tried shipping anything to Australia from the US? It's expensive.

Also, so is making a board game. So making a board game from Australia to the rest of the world isn't easy.

First of all to produce a board game you need a large order, the larger the order the cheaper the components will be. But, also remember that they're not just producing enough copies of the game to send to the backers, they're also making copies they can send off to stores so that everyone can enjoy the game.

To put it simply: if it costs $10 to pre-order the game, and you backed $20 for a copy. Just think of it like you gave an extra $10 to the company so that they can produce an extra copy so that someone else could find that game in stores, they could buy it and enjoy it just like you do.

And if that's something you honestly don't even care about then you're missing the point of what crowd-funding is for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[q="MichelleOH"Why not lower the cost of the game and get more backers? Makes far more sense.[/q]

Because contrary to popular opinion, you cannot make up a per-copy loss with sales volume.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Birder
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
JustinBoy24 wrote:
[q="MichelleOH"]
And if that's something you honestly don't even care about then you're missing the point of what crowd-funding is for.

I get what crowd-funding is. As I have said -- IN THIS THREAD -- I misunderstood MSRP for this game, so it's not about Elevenses any longer. It's about paying 50% over MSRP being okay with people. If you are fine with that, so be it. It doesn't mean I have to be or that I don't understand crowd funding.

Can we please just delete this thread? I don't want it reflecting on this game because I jumped the gun. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thread Locked at OP request
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.