Jon Schultz
United States
Rolling Prairie
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Player 1 uses a double burst (**) Force Beam.
Force Beam wrote:
Deal 1 damage to each character (including yours).
* Instead, deal 2 damage to each character.
** Instead, deal 1 damage to each player and 2 damage to each character.

Player 2 draws a die from the damage dealt to his Nova Quasar
Nova Quasar wrote:
Each time Nova takes damage, you may draw one die and put it in your prep area.

Player 2 redirects 1 damage done to himself to the same Nova Quasar with Iron Man Inventor's global
Iron Man Inventor Global wrote:
Pay [1 Shield] to redirect 1 damage from you to one of your characters.

The question, are these two separate damage sources and thus Player 2 gets to draw another die from the redirected damage to Quasar, or is it all simultaneous and Quasar is only considered as having been damaged once considering the origin of the damage all came from a single Force Beam?

Thanks for any replies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe he is taking damage twice. True the force beam was the original source of where the damage came from, but the global to redirect is a new source of damage so I would say he does trigger twice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:
I believe he is taking damage twice. True the force beam was the original source of where the damage came from, but the global to redirect is a new source of damage so I would say he does trigger twice.

I don't know, this seems to indicate otherwise, namely that source remains the same:

"Other powers redirect a game effect (usually damage). When an effect is redirected, the target of the effect changes from its original target to the new one chosen as described in the game text, even if that target was not a legal one for the original effect. The source of the effect remains unchanged from the original." (p. 20)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're redirecting, so its from the same game effect--in other words he's only taking damage once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casper Points
Abkhazia
Alaska
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Purple monkey dishwasher...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.