United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
Are you up for a game of Wellington?
badge
I really do have a wonderful life.
mbmbmbmbmb
I attended the 2006 World Boardgaming Championships in Lancaster, PA this year and had a fantastic time playing 33 games over five days. Since my Geek Gold account can always use some sprucing up, I thought I might try to record all 33 sessions. If you are curious to continue reading the series, look under my username and see the list of session reports I have.

I arrived at about 8:00 p.m., which may the 9:00 p.m. my most likely game to start the evening. The game master Steve Scott way playing at my table, as was as three other fellows, Jim, Jed, and Tom. With our introductions done, the play began.

In the first epoch, I felt pretty good about my game because I had the most pharoahs. Unfortunately, this was canceled out because I had no civilization tiles. In the following two epochs, I was able to get the civ tiles, but not a lot of monuments. Jed seemed to have the same problem that I had as the bidding continued. By the beginning of the third epoch, I knew I was out of it, but kept trying to get a few monuments. Steve and Jim were in close competition to win and ended up tying for second place as Tom pulled out a win with a score of 41. Jim and Steve came in with 36. I took third or fourth with 24, just nudging by Jed, who had 23.

Although I did win the first two games of Ra I played in my life, I have never won one since. We had a great number of Ra tiles come out to force auctions, and there never seemed to be enough tiles to bid on. In one epoch, I had the last bid and tried to run the line out as far as possible, only to pull out the last Ra tile and wipe the board clean. With practice, I will look forward to learning the best times to get a bid in. Overall, though, the game was a lot of fun and set me up for my next game in the same room when Bobby Tweaks stepped over and asked me if I would like to try a round of Can't Stop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.