United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
Are you up for a game of Wellington?
badge
I really do have a wonderful life.
mbmbmbmbmb
For my second game at the World Boardgaming Championships in Lancaster, PA, Bobby Tweaks led me to the 11:00 p.m. game of Can't Stop, my first experience in a rounds game at the WBC where you play until you lose.

This was my first time playing Can't Stop, a dice rolling game where you roll four dice and add the numbers up to advance up to three markers in columns numbered from 1-12. The central columns (5,6,7,8) are longer as these numbers come up more often. The outer columns (1, 2, 3, 4 and 9, 10, 11, and 12) are shorter because these numbers do not come up as often. You can keep rolling until you cannot make one of the numbers of your selected columns. Once a column is completed, you can no longer use that number. Bobby Tweaks and I were playing Steve (who brought the game) and Lance, a fellow I would see at other games throughout the week.

Lance began the game by pushing his luck too far and not being able to place any markers on the board. If you stop, you place your mark in the columns to show how far you advance. Lance was not alone in not placing markers in the first round as Steve was the only player who had the sense to stop when he advanced far enough.

By the second round, we began to get the hang of the dice rolling. Lance continued to push his luck too far. Bobby Tweaks placed markers close to the center of the board. I began to play the outside and Steve pressed three columns up towards the top.

By the last round, Bobby Tweaks and I had two columns a piece and Steve had one. Lance had managed to put markers on the board, but Steve had three markers ready to score and won the game handily on his turn. Still, a fun game and one that I am going to keep my eyes open for on eBay.

With the official games of the day already over, Bobby Tweaks and I went in search of VuDuJoie in the war game room, where I had my first experience with the game Hives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.