Sebastian Blanco
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.starwarsccg.org/wp/reset-of-standard-format/

I do. As much as I love what the PC has done over the past decade, I sort of lost track of all of the cards and options. Now that the number of V-cards will shrink, it makes me want to get my cards out again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liz Burton
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
mbmbmbmbmb
Boy, it's just been back-and-forth with the VT since it came out (which was 2001?).

I think overall it will be good for the game. On the other hand, I have about 20 decks pre-built with the current VT, and I'm not going to revamp them just yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Category OneGames.com
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
I know I'm totally pumped for the reset. I've talked with so many people that are getting back into the game and are pulling out their cards to start playing again. The group in Utah is getting together for an event and I've been posting classic deck lists to have a starting point to work from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see the appeal of virtual cards and the added variety they bring to the game, but they have never interested me enough to use them.

The Decipher sets have more than enough options for me and in my opinion the last few sets from Decipher were unnecessary and contained too many overpowered cards.

In themed casual play decks there's no reason not to use any of the existing weaker cards from Decipher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Merkle
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nickbolton wrote:
I can see the appeal of virtual cards and the added variety they bring to the game, but they have never interested me enough to use them.

The Decipher sets have more than enough options for me and in my opinion the last few sets from Decipher were unnecessary and contained too many overpowered cards.

In themed casual play decks there's no reason not to use any of the existing weaker cards from Decipher.

This.

I sold my collection just before the license was lost by Big D, but I reacquired a nearly complete collection over the last decade through various means. How best to use that collection? Fixed theme decks based around as many movie themes as possible, setup as pairs to capture the events as best as possible. With the closed format, I actually found uses for some of the narrow cards in the environment since your opposing deck will be on the same turf as you!

Decks I built:

Episode 1:
- Senate + Maul vs THGG
- Invasion vs WHAP
- Droids vs Gungans
(No light saber combat due to lack of Jedi lol!)

Episode 4:
- ISB vs WYS / Farming (stretching here)
- HDADTJ vs RTP (wanted a more generic DS deck here)
- MBO vs SYCFA

Episode 5:
- Walkers vs Speeders / EBO
- CCT vs MWYHL (felt more correct than HDADTJ)
- TDIGWATT vs QMC

Episode 6:
- Court vs Profit
- Endor Ops / DS2 vs RST
- BHBM vs TIGIH

I just need to play through all these match ups...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to see those paired deck lists, they sound great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Merkle
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nickbolton wrote:
I'd love to see those paired deck lists, they sound great.

I will see what I can do. It would be time consuming to type them all up, but I may have a spreadsheet done up already...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.