United States
White River Junction
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I own all three realses to date.

And, I can't wait for FitL to arrive.

There has been mention in print and posts on possible COIN games in the future.

So, any word on what's next?

Phillipines?
Angola?
Ireland?
Iraq?

Any five or six player COIN on the horizon? (Please!)

Justin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spain
Santiago de Compostela
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Next one is expected to be Ireland. Vol. VI is supposed to be Philippines.

I´ve heard that Angola, Yugoslavia and Iraq were considered.

As for the 5/6 players, i think they are too many, it would be utter chaos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Eastwood
United States
Windham
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Chaos is a ladder
mbmbmbmbmb
There's another thread that already is discussing this - I believe here was mention of Gallic Wars, and there's also a cryptic screenshot of a map that looks like US/Canada.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1205156/so-upcoming-coin-gam...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Berman
United States
White River Junction
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eastwoodk wrote:
There's another thread that already is discussing this - I believe here was mention of Gallic Wars, and there's also a cryptic screenshot of a map that looks like US/Canada.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1205156/so-upcoming-coin-gam...

I totally missed that thread. That is EXACTLY what I was looking for.

Justin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck with that thread.
243 posts now and it started to chase its own tail about seven posts in...

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Gringer
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GMT just placed the COIN version of Gallic Wars on P500.

http://www.gmtgames.com/p-503-gallic-war.aspx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I see they've changed the COIN system logo.

Co-designed by Volko Ruhnke and his son Andrew, that's good news!
I've met Andrew, he's a very intelligent and perceptive young man and knows the system thoroughly.
I don't know of any other father-and-son design team for wargames (though I get my son to do initial playtesting with me sometimes), maybe this is a first!

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Guimarães
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ltmurnau wrote:
I see they've changed the COIN system logo.

Co-designed by Volko Ruhnke and his son Andrew, that's good news!
I've met Andrew, he's a very intelligent and perceptive young man and knows the system thoroughly.
I don't know of any other father-and-son design team for wargames (though I get my son to do initial playtesting with me sometimes), maybe this is a first!

Brian

I believe Pursuit of Glory is a father-and-son design. I like Pursuit of Glory very much, why aren't they designing more games? surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Delp
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just saw a friend's FB post & picture from WBC - he got to playtest an American Revolution COIN game currently called "Victory or Death". Since it's at WBC, I feel confident that this is non-confidential, sharable information.

EDIT: Check that; it's "Liberty or Death".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's right! There are pictures of the prototype on GMT's Instagram page ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Genghis Ahn
United States
San Clemente
California
flag msg tools
Sometimes You Are Wrong !
badge
Coolest Promo Ever ! Stonewall Lives
mbmbmbmbmb
I have play tested the COIN game on the American Revolt aka revolution.

The game is currently in development for sometime in 2015?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg S
United States
Pipersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
delp1871 wrote:
I just saw a friend's FB post & picture from WBC - he got to playtest an American Revolution COIN game currently called "Victory or Death". Since it's at WBC, I feel confident that this is non-confidential, sharable information.

Volko wrote:

I am SO in on this one!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Berg Asklev Hansen
Denmark
Vejle
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I someone working on COIN:Spain in the Napoleonic Wars?

If so - who are the sides in that one? (I am guessing British, French, Spanish Guerillas, Spanish Gov.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Sheldon
United States
Springfield
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
essayons7 wrote:
delp1871 wrote:

Volko wrote:

This will be an auto buy...wait I don't think there is a COIN game mentioned as coming or existing, that is not an auto buy...(My GMT account is even set up that way for COIN games...)

But this one along with the Gallic War I am really looking forward to... I like these two historical periods better than the more modern. Not to say all the COIN games so far have not been excellent! They have... cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles F.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
essayons7 wrote:

Hm, I'm don't think a four-player game would work for me.

I just don't see say the Loyalists and British regulars as having appreciably different war aims.

Or say US militia and the continental army.

Too me, the war was quite a binary affair. One best approached in the two-player mode.

As such, I'd only be into the two-player mode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Charles!

The 4 factions are British, Patriot, Indian, and French. The Loyalists and Patriot militias are components of the larger British and Patriot factions, respectively, so same war aims within each, as you note.

Designer and developers are still banging around with the victory conditions to get it where they want. But I expect to some degree the British and Indians will be partners, as will the Patriots and French. How close or how uneasy the partnerships is the question.

Volko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Sheldon
United States
Springfield
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Volko wrote:
Hello Charles!

The 4 factions are British, Patriot, Indian, and French. The Loyalists and Patriot militias are components of the larger British and Patriot factions, respectively, so same war aims within each, as you note.

Designer and developers are still banging around with the victory conditions to get it where they want. But I expect to some degree the British and Indians will be partners, as will the Patriots and French. How close or how uneasy the partnerships is the question.

Volko

I like the possibilities with these factions. I think there could be some interesting victory conditions for the Indians and the French.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john f stup
United States
damascus
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
http://www.insidegmt.com/?p=367
EarlofBronze wrote:
Volko wrote:
Hello Charles!

Volko

I like the possibilities with these factions. I think there could be some interesting victory conditions for the Indians and the French.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Sheldon
United States
Springfield
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nhojput wrote:
EarlofBronze wrote:
Volko wrote:
Hello Charles!

Volko

Excellent article! I was looking forward to this game before...now I am really looking forward to it..

GMT East next year for a demo? Or even Stack Academie in Montreal? Closer to New England, the birth place of the Revoluton!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.