Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Waller
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
Couple of things to do with LoC.

When the government patrols and hits a guerrilla it is activated so it is quite possible to activate all guerrilla on all LoC with enough police/troops spread out over the cities. Then one and only one of these activated guerrillas can be attacked with a cube as part of the patrol operation.

I think I'm right so far.

Patrolling before occupation of LoC doesn't seem to be much use because when FARC marches it would need to march with 3 guerillas to cause activation if there was only one cube on the LoC. Activation of guerrillas is important though otherwise the underground guerrillas could terror the LoC and get a sabotage at a later stage.

I thought patrolling was meant to discourage occupation of LoC by FARC. As the lone guerrilla would not be activated if it landed onto an occupied LoC, it could then terror the space in a later operation and sabotage the LoC. This would seem to encourage occupation of a 'cube occupied LoC' by an underground FARC guerrilla....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Werwie
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wouldn't it prevent guerrillas marching from one department to another, as they had to stop on a guarded LoC? So, it would be a tactical move to patrol before hand.

Edit:
Well, it seems I'm wrong. It doesn't matter for marching wether there are cubes on a LoC or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Knight
United States
Westerly
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
One simple solution is to place three cubes on the important LOCs. That way any guerilla marching there is activated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Waller
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
Wouldn't it just be far more economic to patrol after the occupation of the LoC? At least it is easy to activate them. I'm not sure I have 9 cubes spare to occupy the key 3 value LoCs in case a guerrilla marches onto any of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Davis
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys, what you've gotta remember is that the total # for activation is 3, so if there's 1 cube on the LOC or the dept, 2 guerillas wind up getting everybody activated. Thus, if you put 2 cubes on an LOC, all guerillas marching to/through there get activated. (Not that you have that many cubes to spare, but still...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Waller
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
No, total for activation must exceed 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Carey
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer to put two police on the important LOC's, to make it harder for the FARC to Kidnap. The FARC must outnumber the police to Kidnap, and with two police, that is not going to happen, as long as the police are there first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
hermeticmage wrote:
Guys, what you've gotta remember is that the total # for activation is 3, so if there's 1 cube on the LOC or the dept, 2 guerillas wind up getting everybody activated. Thus, if you put 2 cubes on an LOC, all guerillas marching to/through there get activated. (Not that you have that many cubes to spare, but still...)

Not sure if I understand you correctly, so just in case:

* The total needs to be higher than 3 to activate the Guerrillas. (Edit: just as Andy wrote.)

* Only the cubes (+FARC guerrillas) in the destination space matter for activating Marching Guerrillas (well, beside the Marching Guerrillas themselves of course). Marching across a LoC to get from one Dept to another ignores any cubes on that LoC since the LoC is not the destination space for the March.

So yes, in AA it is generally better to Patrol after the March. There are some exceptions though, like keeping some Police on the 3-Econ LoCs until Chavez has been played.

Regards, Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.