Johannes Sjolte
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I play in a game group we are five people. I am think of getting Pandemic + On the Brick. Is it worth getting if you only play five player games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Fanchi
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In a word, yes! Pandemic is a great game at any player count since you can all work together to strategize and plan out your moves, which minimizes down time. The only concern I might have is that with more players, there is increased risk of one or more players being shut out of the discussion if they don't feel comfortable sharing their ideas with the larger group, or if some in the group are more experienced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Rob
United States
Belpre
Ohio
flag msg tools
Games need more Orange!
badge
I'm bigger than you, no, really, I probably am...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I agree it is very much worth it. If you get it and are not experienced with it, just use the new roles and the 5th player option from the expansion for your first few games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Meney
Scotland
Larbert
Stirlingshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's wonderful at any player count. Granted it's less turns per player but the collaboration should still be at the same level.

Should your group suffer from a 'dominant personality' you could always try out the Bio-Terrorist game mode and put in them in the BT role where they get to play their own game. I have yet to have the pleasure of playing this mode but it does sound good too.

Generally, should you wish you games of Pandemic to be a slightly more difficult challenge, On the Brink will give you that option. Or you can just play with the new events and roles for a bit of variety.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.