Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Seasons» Forums » Rules

Subject: maybe i can help with some clarifcations from the last french rule book edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
alex dhs
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
Hi everyone, i'm just a new Seasons player so I'm not not here to help you to win or help you to find best strategies but maybe I could bring some clarifications about rules and cards.
I have just bought this great game and I own the last french edition with modified cards and updated rules book. I've seen a lot a hot topics on this forum ans sometimes answers are hard to find or need to be officialy approved.
So if you have some questions maybe I can help because the last rulebook version includes a lot of explanations from the FAQ.

Here I start with some hot topics :
- about Amulet of Water : it now clearly says that energies placed on this card are not part of your reserve so they are not concerned by other power cards. BUT owner of this card can play it as if it is part of his reserve to summon or cristallyse.
- power card that allow a player to play a card for free can be played ONLY IF the player's summoning gauge allows it.
- Glutton Cauldron card : on the first editions of the game, there was a mistake on the card. It displayed 2 gears of activation. Now this card show 1 gear that indicates that you have to activate it to put an enregy on it BUT it also shows 1 circle that indicates that as soon as 7 energies are on the card, its effect applies immediatly.
- onys damned soul : only the first player that plays it can summon it so this player's summoning gauge has to be full enough. After that, he can pass it to another player but the new card's owner doesn't have to summon it again. The card is immediatlyt put on the table with other summoned cards. As he didn't have to summon it again, this card is not taken into account for his summoning gauge. It is the only case whare a player can have more played power cards that permitted by his gauge.

Hope this explanations are usefull, especially for new players. If you have another questions, please fell free to ask, I will check the upadted rule book for you.

Oh and one last thing : sorry for my english, as you can see I am not english but french so I hope I have been understandable.

Regards,

Reloadead
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Andrew
Indonesia
Bandung
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi alex, welcome to the forum

fortunately here we have covered the clarifications for all cards from the base game (i suppose), due to the game have been out for around 2 years, being quite popular, and the online implementation on BGA

but hey, it's always nice to have new players around. we'll be counting on you from here onward

oh and if you do enjoy the game, dont forget the expansions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex dhs
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
Yeah I suspected that all answsers were given but a few days ago when I read topics on this forum I felt it was quite hard to find all of them because it had been discussed a lot through time so I decided to create this subject for newcomers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bella
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
reloadead wrote:

- Glutton Cauldron card : on the first editions of the game, there was a mistake on the card. It displayed 2 gears of activation. Now this card show 1 gear that indicates that you have to activate it to put an energy on it BUT it also shows 1 circle that indicates that as soon as 7 energies are on the card, its effect applies immediately.

The explanation (in all the rulebooks) seems clear: upon placing the 7th energy, you immediately sacrifice Glutton Cauldron (in the same turn), move the 7 energy to your reserve, and gain 15 crystals. The card itself has been confusing though, as you pointed out.

It looks like the 2nd ed. French rulebook (online) still shows a picture of the card with two gears, so your card must be more updated than the rulebook. The "circle" symbol that you mentioned...does that refer to the "permanent effect" symbol (most of a circle with an arrow), or a full circle (and if so, where does it say that the meaning of this is "apply immediately"?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex dhs
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
Bella wrote:
The explanation (in all the rulebooks) seems clear: upon placing the 7th energy, you immediately sacrifice Glutton Cauldron (in the same turn), move the 7 energy to your reserve, and gain 15 crystals. The card itself has been confusing though, as you pointed out.

It looks like the 2nd ed. French rulebook (online) still shows a picture of the card with two gears, so your card must be more updated than the rulebook. The "circle" symbol that you mentioned...does that refer to the "permanent effect" symbol (most of a circle with an arrow), or a full circle (and if so, where does it say that the meaning of this is "apply immediately"?)

I agree with you, all rulebooks have the good explanation but the Glutton Cauldron card has been confusing with its 2 gears. The second french edition still had this mistake on the card.
In my recent edition, this card has now one gear symbol for activation and a permanent effect symbol for the immediate sacrifce as soon as 7 energies have been placed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.