Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any idea what cards come in these decks? And how the organized play will work with these?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each class deck will contain 4 characters, with two roles each, and rules card, as well as 97 boons from all the types of boons the 4 characters might want in their deck. As for which particular cards it will be, that hasn't been said. Though it has been said some will be from RotR, some will be from S&S, and some will be new.

As for how exactly they will work in organized play. It will go like this:
1. You'll choose a character and construct a deck from the boons in that character's class deck with the Basic trait.
2. You'll take you character and his deck (along with all the other boons you didn't put in the character deck) to an organized play location.
3. You'll play there with other players (someone will have to supply the Skull and Shackles base set). The locations will be built from cards in the S&S base set. You'll acquire those cards while you play.
4. At the end, when it is time to rebuild your character deck, you'll trade in a card from Skull and Shackles for the same type of card and adventure deck number from you class deck boon. So if you acquired this Dagger Pistol +1, you would trade it back for another Weapon of Adventure Deck 2. Then rebuild your character as normal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
269Hawkmoon wrote:
Each class deck will contain 4 characters, with two roles each, and rules card, as well as 97 boons from all the types of boons the 4 characters might want in their deck. As for which particular cards it will be, that hasn't been said. Though it has been said some will be from RotR, some will be from S&S, and some will be new.

As for how exactly they will work in organized play. It will go like this:
1. You'll choose a character and construct a deck from the boons in that character's class deck with the Basic trait.
2. You'll take you character and his deck (along with all the other boons you didn't put in the character deck) to an organized play location.
3. You'll play there with other players (someone will have to supply the Skull and Shackles base set). The locations will be built from cards in the S&S base set. You'll acquire those cards while you play.
4. At the end, when it is time to rebuild your character deck, you'll trade in a card from Skull and Shackles for the same type of card and adventure deck number from you class deck boon. So if you acquired this Dagger Pistol +1, you would trade it back for another Weapon of Adventure Deck 2. Then rebuild your character as normal.

Interesting. When are they putting out the Organized Play scenarios? - Are they going to match the current OP Season or a different thread to match S&S adventure? I pretty much play the RORL solo and plan to do S&S that way as well for continuity as I don't think I can get a regular group to go through that many scenarios plus I like to play all the characters myself but would like to introduce other players to the game with OP Scenarios as I ordered all the decks for this add-on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph LaMothe
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Organized play starts at GenCon on August 14th. It uses the S&S set, but it consists of its own plotline and scenarios. Scenarios will be provided to participating venues, and a month later will be available for purchase as Pdfs on the Paizo site.

So if you want to play them solo, you basically will have a one month delay then you can buy the scenarios and play them. If you have a local gaming store that wants in, they can register on the Paizo site and (I think) get the scenarios for free.

You can also just use the characters from the class decks to play either Runelords or S&S as a normal campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Searles
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
T-Mo wrote:

Interesting. When are they putting out the Organized Play scenarios? - Are they going to match the current OP Season or a different thread to match S&S adventure? I pretty much play the RORL solo and plan to do S&S that way as well for continuity as I don't think I can get a regular group to go through that many scenarios plus I like to play all the characters myself but would like to introduce other players to the game with OP Scenarios as I ordered all the decks for this add-on.

Each OP scenario will coincide with the release of a Skull & Shackles Adventure deck and be initially available exclusively at participating store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.