4 Posts

Warhammer: Diskwars» Forums » General

Subject: Dark Elves rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin Bottorff
msg tools
mb
So now that the expansions have been out for a few weeks and people have hopefully had a chance to play a few games I've got to ask two questions about the dark elves:

The first question is, has anyone had much success running them. I've seen them in ~5 games and the only time they did anything was in the Flanker army I posted on the forums (and even then the hellstriders were a stronger contributor the dark elves just provide extra flankers). The flanker army is a bit of a gimmick. If you have put them to good use, how did the game go? The wood elves and the lizardmen are both very strong, I've seen the scaven put to good use(though mostly because destruction really lacks solid ranged support) but I'm still a bit lost about how to use the dark elves practically.

The second question is more for people who know Warhammer Lore. What are we likely to see them fielding if more of them are released? I like the kind of feel/style they have going for them but in their not fleshed out form they don't actually have the resources to capitalise properly on their advantages. Also, their current card is not terribly useful, even if you are fighting a ranged heavy army, so what kinds of cards might the Dark Elves get?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asen Aleksandrov
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
I can only answer your second question, and only in very broad, general terms, because from what I've seen so far, the armies of Diskwars tend to work somewhat differently than their WFB counterparts. While the flavor is there, the mechanics change drastically between the two systems, so I will only hazard to list the more iconic Dark Elf units and my theories on what they might be like in Diskwars.

Cold One Knights
Elite cavalry, basically Silver Helms riding velociraptors. Might have Fear, or just decent impact.

Khainite Assassins
Fast, swift units with poisonous melee attacks.

Eternal Hatred
A card that improves their melee capabilities. They have quite a lot of hate-based buffs against High Elves specifically, but I doubt this will translate into Diskwars.

Har Ganeth Executioners
Elite infantry, maybe with a double-wound ability like the BT.

War Hydras...
...Manticores, Dragons and many other large monsters.

Anyway, it's an elf army with an affinity for close combat. Take the high elves and replace the ranged units with different kinds of Daemonettes and Bloodthirsters.

They are also bound to have a number of offensive spells. Almost all of DE magic deals damage, debuffs, or a combination of the two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Maitland
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You left out my favorite unit, the ultra-violent glass cannons known as Witch Elves!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Bottorff
msg tools
mb
It sounds to me that they'd play a lot like chaos when fleshed out more except maybe a little less brute force and a bit more subversive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.