6 Posts

Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Building a team to overcome a team. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kuoshre
msg tools
Hi,

Firstly, I am sorry if this is the wrong section.

I have managed to track down a gravity feed and starter set for this game, and my partner and I are currently building teams to beat the previously successful team.

I have come across a rather good team that seems to be quite hard to beat;

3 x Ghost Rider, Johnny Blaze
3 x Green Goblin, Goblin-Lord
3 x Punisher, McRook
2 x Storm, Goddess of the Plains
2 x Hawkeye, Longbow
2 x Thor, Odinson

This build doesn't really use action cards apart from for the 2 energy.

We were unable to get any super-rares but we have got most of the other cards.

What team (+ action cards - super-rares) would you use to beat this team? also, how would you improve this team (-super-rares)?

Many thanks,
Kuoshre.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds you are working out of the same pool, so I will avoid duplicate heroes.

Basic Actions
Power Bolt - use this take out a character and to make angel unblockable

Distraction - if you have a spare energy and you can spare a mask, save it to use this global

Characters
Beast, Mutate #666 (2 cost, cheap to field, and for blocking and prepping dice for big turns)

Angel, Soaring (2 cost, cheap to field, unblockable when you play an action)

Gambit, Ace in the Hole (3 cost, mask energy for distraction global, his ability is good and the burst triggers on 2/3 character faces)

Iron Man, Playboy ( 4 cost, A great blocker ability)

Human Torch, Johnny Storm (4 cost, fantastic ability when you have sidekicks, beasts, and angels, coming out for 0-1 cost each)

Whatever you want in the 6th spot. Maybe Loki, Gem Keeper? That way you can shut out Hawkeye or Storm.

I would buy up beast and/or Angel early and get Beast out. Field Angels or use them buy Human Torch, Iron Man, and/or Power Bolt. Gambit is for when you have the odd 3 energy roll and is mostly a filler character. Field him if you have to, but I'd use him for his double mask energy for a higher cost character (Loki, or if you have the crossover ability, Storm, Wind Rider).

As a bonus, this build has not fist characters, so much for Odinson.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A few things, Beast mutate 666 is just a good utility character that helps you churn through your dice and get more expensive dice. You also want a character with a global to force your opponent to attack like mr. fantastic or phoenix, just in case they play loki gem keeper or professor charles xavier and you can force their sidekicks into your beasts for dice draws or take damage to clear out blockers. Thor is not very good imo, there's better characters at 6 cost. Distraction is a good control action card with the global. If your game plan is rush out your ghost rider and punisher, then perhaps power bolt keep the game short.

I'd recommend listening to the podcasts on dice masters to learn about some of the combos out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José Rech
Brazil
Santa Cruz do Sul
Rio Grande do Sul
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hawkeye destroys Beast. I wouldn't go that way. I would try Nick Fury - Mr. Anger based team.

3x Nick Fury - Mr. Anger
3x Black Widow - ? (any that you have)
2x Captain America - Natural Leader (to pair Green Goblin)
3~2x Iron Man - Playboy (can Kill Punisher, Green Goblin, Hawkeye)
2x Spider-Man - "Tiger" (dodges Hawkeye, Punisher, Storm)
1~2x

For the last one you have some options: War Machine, Hulk, Silver Surfer or even a Vibranium Shield, test what best suits your playstyle.

For basic actions you have some options: Invulnerability, Distraction, Focus Power, Take Cover...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mason Skinner
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If it's just the two of you, and neither of you have the Super Rares, then you don't really need the common Tsarina-stopper (Beast). He's still a very good/cheap character, so I don't know why you wouldn't want him.

Goblin Lord is pretty good, but Norman Osborne is better, IMHO.

Ghost Rider is really inefficient because he can be so expensive to field. Sure, the die is cheap to buy, but the opportunity cost of buying or fielding another die vs. just fielding one Johnny Blaze isn't worth it. You can get the same stats and an effect for just a little bit more purchase cost.

There are so many better heavies than Thor. Phoenix gets you a great global. Hulk has a few good options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kuoshre
msg tools
Thank you for all your suggestions, I will be trying all of them

Kuoshre.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.