Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
wolfkin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
as a role it says the ghost dies the first night. Over the next 10 nights 10 letters are revealed from the ghost.

Are the 10 letters written down all that first night? (if so it seems the ghost has no information to share.. does he get to watch the werewolves? or something?

Does the ghost write each letter down each night?
SubQuestion: Can the ghost respond to queries? (i.e. "Dear ghost of Gary if the werewolf is wearing red give us an R if they are wearing blue give us a B if else give us a Z")
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
If you keep your mouse over long enough - the goblins will steal your underwear!
badge
Still in underwear? Keep that mouse pointer in place...
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same question:

The card says that the Ghost writes a letter a day. The Rule Book says that the Ghost should write all 10 letters and the Moderator reveals one letter per day.

The first scenario makes at least some sense - even though the Ghost knows absolutely nothing the first night, all consecutive letters will eventually make sense, since the Ghost will know a lot after the second night.

The second Scenario where the Ghost should write all 10 letters after he dies, makes no sense whatsoever.

However, there is a nice Alternative in the Rule Book.

Also, if the Ghost has to write all 10 letters at once, it would make sense to do it on the 2nd day, rather than the 1st.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E T
msg tools
What I do, is I have the ghost die immediately on the first night.
The Ghost observes everything during the night, and the last thing I do that night is ask the ghost to write down the 10 letters.
I believe this works quite well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Royal Connell
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EmanT wrote:
What I do, is I have the ghost die immediately on the first night.
The Ghost observes everything during the night, and the last thing I do that night is ask the ghost to write down the 10 letters.
I believe this works quite well

This is also what I do. I have also sometimes made the first player eliminated by any means into the Ghost. This helps the first player eliminated not feel like he got screwed out of playing. When doing it this way, I hand them a card to write their ten letters on, and collect it after the first full night they were able to observe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.