Subject: Hyperborea infinite cycle Kingdom Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M P
Italy
Reggio Emilia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the game, but today after a lot of plays we found a real problem with some synergy in Hyperborean kingdgom cards.
Many istant card can give you sorcery tokens, then you can activate a cycle hoarding the kingdom cards and save them until you continue to draw Raise Dead or Vision of Cyclopean Walls.
The base cards of this trick are: Bloody Queen (pick a sorcery token OR spend one to draw 2 kingdom cards), Human Sacrifices (pick a sorcery and 2 kingdom cards), and the Night Gaunts (free re-activation of kindgom cards). Simply you can continue draw, save the entire kingdom deck on your hand and cycle the istant cards (because your discard pile of 3-4 cards will be reshuffle in the new deck). So you can potentially have all the istant cards in hands all the time, and play them every turn, often you don't even need to pick up the Court+Conan die.
I think it's quite rare you can have all these cards, but it's quite a redundant bug.
I think an hand limit is necessary to avoid this trick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandros Boucharelis
Greece
Drama
Macedonia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
ubi bene ibi patria // vidi perfutui veni
mbmbmbmbmb
interesting thought but you re joking right? i mean what are the odds of something like this will happen in a session? and even if it happens do you think that you will win? i dont think so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M P
Italy
Reggio Emilia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hyperborea won with an advantage of 15 pts.
Crowning, of course, but he held majority on 2 of 3 adventure tokens.
It would won even without it.
The odds are not so far to achieve. Once seen, you can repeat it quite often. Crown+Conan any time you can, pick up the 2-3 cards for the combo, especially the istant to draw 2 kingdom cards, and performing the set up.
In the second era you have a huge amount of tropps to conquest what you want.
I meant: not always would be winning, but surely a balancing problem.
The Hyperborean turn in that game it seemes a Magic the Gathering turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandros Boucharelis
Greece
Drama
Macedonia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
ubi bene ibi patria // vidi perfutui veni
mbmbmbmbmb
congrats mate, then you should follow this strategy to win every time. And next time participate at a play by forum session as Hyperborean to show us your hyperborean strategy first hand. i challenge you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoffer Lundberg
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
M P is right. We've run into this "problem" once. But considering that Hyperborea has won less times than any other kingdom during our plays, I welcome a trick of this sort.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.