Takenoko» Forums » Rules

Subject: Gardener Action--"Adjacent" Plots of Same Color rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Harper

Bakersfield
California
msg tools
Does "adjacent" mean ALL the same-color adjacent plots in a grouping, even those that are not touching the plot the Gardener landed on?

If I there are, for example, five irrigated yellow plots in a row, and you use your Gardener action to move the gardener to the first yellow plot on the left, do you only get a new bamboo sprout on the plot he's on and only the one to the right of him? Or, do you get new bamboo sprouts on all five plots?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bella
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the ones that are touching the original tile, not the others
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
erm, how can they be adjacent if they are not on the plot next to where the gardener is?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adjacent means 'immediately next to' - NOT 'any part of a contiguous group or line', so, the one he;s on, and the next right one using your example of a row.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Harper

Bakersfield
California
msg tools
Yeah, I know what adjacent means, I just wanted to clarify if it somehow meant cumulatively adjacent within the cluster of same color (but that maybe the rules weren't clear).

Thanks for the answer though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
muttley8699 wrote:
Yeah, I know what adjacent means, I just wanted to clarify if it somehow meant cumulatively adjacent within the cluster of same color (but that maybe the rules weren't clear).
Some portions of the rules were considered in need of the supporting FAQ. I don't think this issue is necessarily in that category.

On page 5 of my printed rules, regarding the Gardner (my highlight):

He grows a section of bamboo on the plot where he finishes his move as well as on all directly adjacent plots of the same color.

Furthermore, an illustration at the bottom of the page shows an example and carefully labels tiles that do or do not get growth. One distant tile specifically has the words, "NO, plot not directly adjacent."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.