Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriele Stecchi
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Please anyone fix, patch and modify the following schema I use for changing lanes:

DRAFT: The car can change lanes, but it cannot change lanes anymore as soon as it go forward (thus pushing and dragging any car suitable to do so, even none)

PURSUIT: The car can change lanes, but it cannot change lanes anymore as soon as it go forward (thus pushing any car suitable to do so, even none)

LEAD: The car can change lanes (thus dragging the cars suitable to do so at the beginning of the move, even none)

SOLO: The car can change lanes (no pushing and no dragging of any car)

Thank you!

Gabriele
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gwynor wrote:
Please anyone fix, patch and modify the following schema I use for changing lanes:

DRAFT: The car can change lanes, but it cannot change lanes anymore as soon as it go forward (thus pushing and dragging any car suitable to do so, even none)

PURSUIT: The car can change lanes, but it cannot change lanes anymore as soon as it go forward (thus pushing any car suitable to do so, even none)

LEAD: The car can change lanes (thus dragging the cars suitable to do so at the beginning of the move, even none)

Thank you!

Gabriele

Draft: The car can change lanes, but it cannot change lanes anymore as soon as it moves forward with another car linked to it.

Pursuit: Same as draft but without linking to cars behind.

Lead: Correct - if the lead car moves laterally, all the cars will move forward into the lead car's spot, and then move laterally afterwards.

Solo: Correct (though you can push a car forward for 3MP, or push a car laterally for 2MP).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Marshall
United States
Anna
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gwynor wrote:

Thank you!

Gabriele

Your "even none" statements for draft and pursuit are incorrect. Cars playing draft and pursuit can move laterally, until they are forward linked. It is solo movement until a link occurs.

Example: Lets say I'm in a line in the middle lane, but the top lane is competely empty forward and backward. If I play a 6 pt pursuit card, I can move a car laterally up into a vacant lane, forward 2 spaces, back down laterally (displacing the line backwards) and then use my final point to move my car and the ones in front of it forward one space.

I was never linked until that last forward move. Same goes for draft.

*edit - As usual, Jay was there faster than anyone else, with the correct answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Stecchi
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thank you Jay!

Just a last question about Pursuit:

A_BP

Q: If the car P Pursuit and pushes B in the empty space _, then it can push both AB for just 1 MP?

TY
Gabriele
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Stecchi
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Quote:

Your "even none" statements for draft and pursuit are incorrect.

Yes, sorry, you are right... what I wanted to say is that you can actually go forward "solo" with Draft/Pursuit/Lead if no cars are linked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gwynor wrote:
Thank you Jay!

Just a last question about Pursuit:

A_BP

Q: If the car P Pursuit and pushes B in the empty space _, then it can push both AB for just 1 MP?

TY
Gabriele

Yeah, just add cars to the line as they get in your way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Horger
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the correct answers guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff Horger wrote:

Just happy to help out my fellow racers. Faster than anyone else. Naturally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Stecchi
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Jeff Horger wrote:

... and thanks to you for this new winner (I'm a proud Manoeuvre owner as well!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
Jeff Horger wrote:

Just happy to help out my fellow racers. Faster than anyone else. Naturally.

Wish I won the races in the game as often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
Visit the Wargame Bootcamp guild
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to be clear, and this is the only part of the game that causes any confusion: kindly post these corrected statements for the different movement types, thanks Tim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth
Netherlands
Eindhoven
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hyzer wrote:
Example: Lets say I'm in a line in the middle lane, but the top lane is competely empty forward and backward. If I play a 6 pt pursuit card, I can move a car laterally up into a vacant lane, forward 2 spaces, back down laterally (displacing the line backwards) and then use my final point to move my car and the ones in front of it forward one space.

I think your example conflicts with this statement adding to the confusion:

Draft: The car can change lanes, but it cannot change lanes anymore as soon as it moves forward with another car linked to it.

Pursuit: Same as draft but without linking to cars behind.

Drafting does not allow moving laterally after forward movement begins (6.4.2. page 7). If Pursuit is the same as draft then that would imply the same restrictions, but your example shows something else.

The rulebook also adds to the confusion (with me) as it shows an example directly beneath 6.4.2. where a car is first moved forward and then moved laterally disregarding the rules previously made...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
it may not change lanes once a link is established. As long as there is no link, draft movement works like solo movement.

Quote:

(6.4.2) Lateral Movement: A car activated with Draft Movement may move laterally (and displace cars) as much as desired before beginning forward movement. During this initial lateral movement cars ahead and behind are not considered linked. Once forward movement begins linkage to cars to the front and rear is automatic and lateral movement is no longer allowed

If there are no cars in the front/rear when it starts moving forward, the car is of course not linked. Hence...

Quote:

A car activated with a Draft Movement card that is not Linked moves in the same manner as a car using Solo Movement. Once the Active Car moves forward it will link with any car it moves directly behind or it moves in front of, and then lateral movement is no longer allowed.

As for the example: There is no car behind blue 15, so it moves forward without a link under the rules of solo movement. It then changes lane (still under solo movement) and now it is immediately linked to 29 behind it and may not change lanes anymore (draft movement).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It only links when they both move.

Basically, with draft and pursuit movement, as soon as you move multiple cars forward you can't move laterally anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.